Closed Thread
Page 19 of 94 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal - you're not been too hard at all, you've said it very nicely to me I don't mind at all. This is what these forums are for, and you're probably right - maybe I am worrying too much.

I guess, it's just that he didn't really explain it to me. I know most these doctors don't usually explain much to us mere patients (ha ha). It would be nice if they did, as it would alleviate the majority of our concerns.

I've left a message for him to call me, just so I can be reassured that there is no risk at the levels I am imagining. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning!!!!!

Sooty, all will be fine and you'll come back with a little springbok on board Are you having 1 or 2 transferred back? I'm having 2 but am terrified of twins, not the looking after them part but the pregnancy part.

Tiggy, Alice and Kheeki, hello ladies

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies, missing you all, moved house on wkend...we are transferring two but also terrified, not the pregnancy but the looking after !!! Xxxxxx seriously I would be happy about it though tired xxxxx can't wait to surface and get back in touch xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope the move is going great Tiggy!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal/Tiggy - We will be transferring 2 now too. DH didn't want to, but after all this effort and expense leading up to it, I think he's resigned himself to the fact, 2 it will be, to maximise our chances. I agree. I'm worried about a twin pregnancy too, and how I would manage with 2 when they are young - we don't have any family in Melbourne (Moved from Brisbane 3 years ago) - so it would be difficult with no support from family

Tiggy - hope your move went well. No wonder you were quiet

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty, Dr.leRoux told us there is a 20% chance of twin pregnancy if you transfer 2 and that is what ultimately made us go with transferring 2. If the chances were 50% I would have only transferred 1 back because I really don't want to carry two babies. I am one of the unlucky ones that does have health problems from the MTHFR defect, my blood pressure was fine and would rise in pregnancy and then go back down. Last year when I carried a pregnancy to 13 weeks it went up and hasn't come back down so I'm on blood pressure meds before I even get pregnant. Dr.M doesn't think this will be a problem as long as I'm monitored closely but I really am on the fence about transferring two back.

OMG ladies 3 months from today we leave for Prague so exciting
    Last edited by crystal4431; 16-10-2013 at 07:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My only real complications from a twin pregnancy were severe morning sickness ala Kate Middleton style and then right at the end the pre-eclampsia. I got big fairly quickly and just when I thought I couldn't get any bigger, I did, a lot!

All you Melbourne ladies are your own support network! We have a program here called Home Help run in assoc with the state Gov and the Multi Birth Assoc. Can't remember the fine details but basically you are entitled to I think 60 hours of help for free from a qualified nanny in the early stages. You can break it up and have say 3 hours per week over 20 weeks or 6 hours a week over 10 weeks. I'd like to think that most states have a similar program.

Thanks
    Reviews
    60 hours of help would be fab with twins!! I'm not sure if there's anything like that here but would be lovely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty, this is just my two cents worth, I do not think that Dr.M would prescribe anything that could potentially harm you or a baby. It is a low dose of Humira so testing for TB is likely not required. I think its just enough to help supress your immune system to stop the NKC. I do agree she shouldn't speak for Dr.M and if he was too busy she should just say that.

Really if you look at it, even the depot injection we will take to shut off our ovaries is meds used for prostate cancer, the estrogen is used for hormone therapy. I guess we just have to trust that our doctor has the experience to make the right choice for us.

I totally understand your frustration Sooty and getting a response like that does not help. It is your decision at the end of the day what you choose to do though, make your decision based on what you think will help you and not based on office staff at his offices

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty, I couldn't find anything on the website that mentions Humira