Closed Thread
Page 18 of 94 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Girls - you really are so sweet (and funny!) - I enjoy chatting / sharing with you.

Crystal - love your thoughts on our library as well, I agree totally !

Tigs - did you jump over to FB in the end? Thank you for the "raise of teacups"!! That's really nice of you - I can't wait to watch your journeys unfold too,,, its going to fly for you as well been post xmas and everything in between. Exciting !

Still trying to find the Humira - $1750 best price so far, but for 40mg injections, and I NEED 20mg !! One chemist quoted $2,000. OMG - I am NOT paying that. I'm going to phone Gwynth/Deb (not sure who Deb is, but maybe a new one?) and ask if anyone else in Melbourne has been prescribed it before and where they may have got it from... wish me luck!!
    Last edited by sootymay; 18-10-2013 at 05:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    About the dates/time changes, I did all my meds on Australian time and never had a problem. It's just under 9 hours time difference so really it's no biggie.

All these cycles are getting closer, it's so exciting! And Sooty, $2000 I sure hope you can get it for less. This is another one of those times when you feel like the Government screws you over for being infertile. Although I did say to my husband the other day that had it been several hundred years ago I might have just been killed or cast out on to the street for my inability to have a baby! I think I'd rather a few thousand dollars than death, although it would have been super easy to adopt a kid back then!

Yes, Nov 5 I'll raise my morning cuppa and think of you!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Alice284 For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (11-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies.. I just wanted to say good luck on your journey and also wanted to ask if any of you could help me. I'm trying to find out some information for some friends (male same sex cpl). They are going to use an egg donor and gest. surrogate. I've given them some websites to look into but noticed this thread and thought it would be a good idea for them to looking into doing this in Czech as they are going over there next year anyways.

Is it a lot cheaper that way? How does the costing work? Also, do you go through and pick a donor that you like the look/sound of? My partner and I are using a sperm donor and we selected the criteria and narrowed it down to find our perfect match - is it the same sort of thing? I guess I'm just looking for something to guide them. Anyone's input would be great! Might see if anyone has a diary I could read too!

Like I said I wish you all the luck in the world! Their will be some very wanted and loved babies brought into the world by all of you!

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just found this thread, thought some of you may be interested in it. Some good tips, re. Progesterone needles, donor eggs etc, all sorts

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/fo...723#msg3904723

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Rainbow

As far as I'm aware for same sex couples donation and surrogacy is not allowed in the Czech Republic. There is actually a great place in India where a whole lot of Aussies go called SCI Healthcare and you can get caucasian donors. They fly them in every few months from Europe. I think you may be able to choose a donor here. I looked into this when we thought we might need a surrogate and they have some consultants actually based in Australia.

Have your friends checked out the Surrogacy Australia website? You need to pay a membership fee to join however their resources are fantastic and they have lots of info regarding legalities etc and they have conferences and people you can talk to who have been there done that. I think that would be a great place to start as surrogacy is a legal minefield, even for opposite sex couples!

I would also suggest looking at countries like the Ukraine and Georgia as they do surrogacy, however I'm unaware of the rules regarding same sex couples but given the closeness to and similar ways of thinking to Russia I unfortunately don't think it would be an option.

The only other suggestion I have is the States however you'd have to sell every organ in your body to fund that! Lots of Americans actually go to India to do their surrogacy.

In terms of Czech donors, donation is completely anonymous by law and the clinics are very strict about abiding by this law. You are given no identifying info and definitely no pictures. You do get to specify a list of things that are important to you in a donor and you can send photos of yourself for a physical match.

I have heard once, not sure if it's true, that a couple took their selected surrogate who they had a legal agreement with to the Czech Republic to have donor eggs transferred.

I hope that helps, all the best on both of your journeys!

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alice284 For This Useful Post:

rainbowbabe  (13-10-2013),sootymay  (13-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't be overly worried Sooty. If you read the fine print of every medication you take I'm pretty sure 'death' is listed as a side effect, or something that could lead to death. I'm pretty sure they need to include every possible side effect even if there's a 1% chance of it happening for legal reasons.
    The way I look at cancer is that I'm probably going to get it one day, pretty much everyone does, regardless of how much organic goodies and free range chicken I eat. I'll face that hurdle if and when it happens.
    I can tell you one thing for sure, I'd rather have my children than die aged 110 from just being old and lonely.
    Weigh up the risk V's the possible reward.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks so much Alice! I did tell them to have a look on that site and bought a membership. It all sounds very complicated! It was so easy for my partner and I to get a sperm donor - if only it was that easy to get egg donors!! I will try and help them as best as possible. It sounds like they are in for a tough journey.

I wish all of you ladies the best of luck. Baby dust to you all x

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Alice - I think you're just what the Doctor ordered, and that's what I needed to hear. You're right. Someone else said, if you read the side effects of Panadol you'd be surprised too, its just that we don't read it, as we trust it and take it blindly since it's so common.

Loved your guidance for surrogacy for those in that boat, very thorough and that clinic in India is popular and I believe very professional.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice284 View Post
    I wouldn't be overly worried Sooty. If you read the fine print of every medication you take I'm pretty sure 'death' is listed as a side effect, or something that could lead to death. I'm pretty sure they need to include every possible side effect even if there's a 1% chance of it happening for legal reasons.
    The way I look at cancer is that I'm probably going to get it one day, pretty much everyone does, regardless of how much organic goodies and free range chicken I eat. I'll face that hurdle if and when it happens.
    I can tell you one thing for sure, I'd rather have my children than die aged 110 from just being old and lonely.
    Weigh up the risk V's the possible reward.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rainbow and Sooty, you are welcome

I think it's a lot harder to get an egg donor because there's so much more to go through like all the injections and surgery where as it's so much easier for men to make a donation!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty, honestly, you will likely never hear me say this again about another doctor but you need to trust Dr.M, he has years of experience helping women get pregnant. The thing is as well, if you skip part of the protocol there is a good chance your cycle will not work. Now I can tell you personally that it is devastating to go all that way, spend all that money and have to face the fact you will either have to do another trip or there will likely not be a pregnancy. I'm not trying to be harsh but your second guessing everything he does and tells you and I'm trying to save you the heartbreak of a failed cycle. Its hard but you have to have a little faith in him and your stressing when you should be relaxing.

Hang in there Sooty, he wouldn't tell you to take an injection that would harm you or a baby, you just need to be mindful of cold and flu outbreaks and steer clear I hope I wasn't too harsh with you, you know I only want what's best for you and baby

Rainbow, welcome and I agree I think its much harder to be an egg donor then a sperm donor for sure