Closed Thread
Page 16 of 94 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Crystal!! Alice!! I am totally here. I am wondering if everyone has been a bit scared with thoughts of identity, do you think? Are we anxious about our fragile little thread? Are we unsure about whether to change the format? I am not sure. But I am here. Alice, did you get my PM? Is it time to move us to FB? Kheeki, are you okay? Have I said anything terrible? Sooty May, have you finished housepainting? Is everthing alright?

My Dh's sperm came back normal (of course) and now he is kind of freaking out about the whole thing because it's time to pay the deposit and if anything is going to freak him out it is the paying of monies. But my sense is to let it pass and to pay the deposit myself. I guess it's comittment time...gulp! Although if what Kheeki said is true there is a cooling off period. That makes the whole thing a bit less scary...

Ladies hello. I mean there is a chance that everyone wants to go it alone- and I can understand that too. I guess that is the nature of virtual contact. But Crystal and Alice, I am here . xxx
    Last edited by Tiggylig; 08-10-2013 at 09:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls

Em - welcome, good luck... you'll feel very safe and reassured if you head down the DE path, these threads are priceless & everyone is sooooooooooo nice xx

Tiggy - yes all good thanks.... and got 4 rooms painted over the weekend, lucky I had Monday off work as I needed it. I'm buggered now ! I'm determined to get the big lounge done this w/end.. though with only 4 weekends to go... I'm probably starting to feel a wee bit of pressure that I am bringing on myself! BUT I want to get it done before we go....

FB - I will probably decline. Thx heaps, but I guess just another place to check in on & a little bit paranoid about security with FB. I am always aware of how they take it upon themselves to change privacy settings... so am constantly checking mine.. but still am not 100% sure of FB privacy... ie how they just seem to know what you're interests are, and up pops advertising. I watched something the other night on TV about tracking cookies etc... very interesting.

I chased up G via email today for my scripts, as have to start taking meds in the next few days. A lady named Deb replied immediately, which was fantastic and said they are in the mail. Excellent - one less thing to chase after.

Hi to everyone else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tiggy Kheeki and Alice are on the FB group as well!!! Your right best to just pay the deposit and be done. Are you excited to take the next step For me its always buying the flights that scare me because then it is locked in at that point. Glad your still here too!!

Sooty, wow 4 rooms painted!!! You are a busy girl, I can't believe G was so slow getting your scripts out to you. It really is a headache isn't it? I wanted to ask you, to have your intrapilids in Melbourne do you need to have all your test results from Dr.M to take to Dr.L?

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG I paaaaiiiiidddd!!! Aaaarrrrrggggggghhhhhhh! Scared!!!! Excited!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tiggy - that is great news and not unexpected about DH. Scary exciting!!!

You and Sooty need to come over to FB if you feel able? We miss you!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Tiggy!!!!!!! Yes pleas join FB with us Sooty maybe you could make a second facebook account just for this group?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiggylig View Post
    OMG I paaaaiiiiidddd!!! Aaaarrrrrggggggghhhhhhh! Scared!!!! Excited!!!!

I'm still here, just been a tad busy lately!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty, do you have private insurance to cover the bed fee here? I'm going to have to pay it. I've tried to get private insurance a few times but because I have high blood pressure , immune problems etc everything is then considered pre existing. So we decided to just pay the bed fee when if and when I need it. The bed fee for intrapilids in Sydney is $675 plus $650 for Dr.M to do the Intrapilids. Plus the cost of a flight up and back so it could get expensive quickly.

I may see how you get on with Dr.L and if he agrees with you and does the intrapilids when requested I might make an appointment What a pain to get those done hey?

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG Crystal.... that's disappointing / frustrating. Yes, I do have Private Cover, hospital only, so should cover a day bed fee, it normally does. Having said that, I actually rang Dr L's rooms the other day to confirm the cost of $150 - and she didn't say anything about Private cover, so I would assume it's definitely $150 to pop in and have done.

Question from me - I asked Deb from Dr M's office if they could arrange a letter for carrying meds/syringes on board the flight. She said to ask my GP or the Pharmacy boxes with the labels on would suffice. On asking her a 2nd time and mentioning to her that some ladies have had issues through customs when not having a letter, and other's aren't given a 2nd glance when they do have a letter (I guess the luck of the draw) - she said they wernet aware of anyone having issues. So I'm not getting anywhere with them... I don't think my GP will write it, as she didn't issue the scripts/meds - and I understand that, I don't think I would either.... any ideas?

Also - that lovely depot injection, with that nice big needle is on my mind, not due till another few weeks. But, to anyone that has had it, please tell me, how DH administers it - is it just a straight jab in the bum, what part of the buttock (Forest Gump?!) and on any particular angle? Thanks heaps !!

Quote Originally Posted by crystal4431 View Post
    Sooty, do you have private insurance to cover the bed fee here? I'm going to have to pay it. I've tried to get private insurance a few times but because I have high blood pressure , immune problems etc everything is then considered pre existing. So we decided to just pay the bed fee when if and when I need it. The bed fee for intrapilids in Sydney is $675 plus $650 for Dr.M to do the Intrapilids. Plus the cost of a flight up and back so it could get expensive quickly.

I may see how you get on with Dr.L and if he agrees with you and does the intrapilids when requested I might make an appointment What a pain to get those done hey?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty, I had customs go through my carry on at Cape town and Singapore and they did not want to see a letter and I had clexane injections. I even offered it and they said no its no problem, on the way back I had all of my needles in my carry and thought ok I will definitely get stopped for these and they knew I them and they were fine with it. CFC will give you a letter to carry the meds anyway. I think because the type of meds they are is why they're not a problem maybe. I'm not sure but the only person that questioned a problem was at check in at Tullamarine.

I would just put them in your carry on and no worry about it, I didn't put any meds in my suitcase in case it got lost lol. Oh also CFC will put up a stink about this but before you leave tell them you want more Gestone, they give you one lot at ER and that's only enough for 30 days or something like that. I insisted they give me more because why use the stuff if we can't buy it here, the receptionist said buy it from the international pharmacy..haha no way that is expensive.

One more thing we were told on transfer day we had 1 probably 2 to freeze so we had to sign the paper and they wanted payment for a years freezing. The next day there were none to freeze and I am still trying to get my storage fees back so I would just tell them you'll pay as soon as there's confirmation you have something to freeze.

As for the lovely depot injection, here's a youtube video that shows where to put the needle http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUFwaLwhCOU So exciting your almost ready to start!!!