Closed Thread
Page 13 of 94 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh yes, I've been getting addicted to coffee too... it's so hard to stop, it's more a habit... that's what my wine drinking is anyway!! And of course the taste is delicious!! You'll get there.. especially once you've got a bubba on board.

Yes, $150 to whizz in there and have it done. Its the intralipid (soy & egg one not that other expensive one IVIG or something?) - here's the phone number if you wish to phone his rooms and double check. His receptionists are really nice. Dr Lolatgis 942 99011. So unless I got it wrong I'm sure that was the cost. If you are thinking about it, you may want to book an apt to get in to see him first, as you'll need to do the initial consult too, and it took me 4 weeks to get in. He's an OB as well. (I do have Private, but only for Hospital, not extras - have never thought it's worth the extra expense to be honest).

I'm not quite sure how I'm going to go about getting him to do it. I guess if I take all my results he's going to see the same thing and recommend it anyway, so that would be good. I actually rang their rooms a couple of days ago, in preparation of possibly having to do it - to find out how it works. They said with their "non Monash IVF patients" they group us together and do it on a Friday morning. Monash patients I think can have it done other days of the week. She said they usually put through about 15 ladies every Friday - so it's obviously very popular. Hope that helps xx

Quote Originally Posted by crystal4431 View Post
    Sooty, credit cards is how its paid for by a lot of ladies..wow that is quite a bit cheaper so is there a bed fee on top of that as well? Or do you have private health cover? If its that much cheaper I may have to reconsider

My biggest problem is caffeine, not sure what the word would be but a caffieneaholic would suit just fine. I've got myself weened down to 300mgs per day. I was taking in 600-800 per day so I have cut it in half but its hard to get rid of it completely. I will hopefully be off of it completely by January...hopefully

I do get migraines a few times a month usually, although Dr.M told me that its quite common with the MTHFR mutation so I hope with treatment I will have a migraine free pregnancy.

I am so excited for you!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty, yep that does help thanks, I'll mention it to DH this weekend. He was intent on only having Dr.M for any treatment regarding the immunity issues. So I guess I'll see if he's changed his mind at all on that.

Are you doing any of the wine tours in SA? We didn't bother because DS was with and he had no interest in a wine tour(he's 15) but even though I'm not a huge fan of wine, I would have loved to go and have a look around and try some different wines SO many things to see and do in SA and its sooooo cheap, your going to have a blast!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My fellow Czech ladies, I had to buy a new winter jacket because mine is missing the liner, not sure where it would have went but its gone. Anyway I keep a winter jacket for visits to see family in Canada.

I looked everywhere and finally found Columbia interchangeable jackets on end of season sale for $59.00, it was regular $200. Not sure if anyone is in need of a warm jacket but that was a great price. It was on the Rays Outdoor website if anyone is interested

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is an awesome price for that Jacket Crystal! DH buys Columbia as he thinks North Face is a rip off. We try to go to the snow every year so it's probably worth having a look. Thanks for that!

Are we talking about South Australian wine or South African wine? I didn't even know they had vineyards in Africa. The Zlin (Moravia) region is actually one of the Czech Republics best wine growing regions and you'll probably see some vineyards on the drive! We got a bottle of Moravia wine for my Dad in the supermarket. You have to go to Kaufland, it's huge!

I never ever drank coffee until about 2 weeks ago and now I've used a whole jar of instant coffee! I love tea, I even write a blog about tea! but needed a stronger caffeine hit so I got some caramel flavoured instant coffee. I said it's like the gateway drug or alco-pop of the coffee world. The sweet mild stuff that gets you addicted before you hit the hard stuff!

Just throwing it out there too, they do intralipids in Zlin.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Crikeys you ladies get me so darn excited every time I read this thread and I have to cook dinner and tidy up and answer emails and every single one of your emails I want to answer stuff with no time, no time. xxxx Here's what I want to talk about but can't due to time.
    Wine
    Coffee
    Sperm
    Jackets
    WHat are intrallipids and should I worry?
    Credit cards
    Costs
    FLights
    Tea
    Hooking up. Kheeki you sound close.

That's the list. Just know that's what Tig would like to cover and will try and find time later xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will just say that I have become obsessed with winter jackets - what girls are we? Planning our winter outfits he...he...and the one i like is of course expensive from Katmandhu $250, should I?

This is agony; my DH's sperm results come in on Monday and he wont let me pay the deposit til then. Alice his sperm is actually normal but he is never convinced until the results. I am just paranoid Eva will give my precious place away. Only two more days to wait.....ugh!
    Last edited by Tiggylig; 04-10-2013 at 16:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tiggy - your list is spot on and in our excitement we seem to try and cover everything in a day! If you do pay the deposit now, isn't it refundable up until they engage a donor which they inform you of to give you the option to opt out? I may have misheard it but I'm sure that is what Eva said. I haven't paid yet either and she assured me the time spot was secure as it will be for you. But, is this angst, other than the obvious issue for all of us about a child not genetically our own, also because you will not be looking at donor sperm? On a side note you are obviously eastern melbourne same as me?
    Last edited by Kheeki; 05-10-2013 at 14:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alice I think babies make coffee a bit of a must. Well I know toddlers definitely do. So yes you are riding that slippery slope, but maybe for the next three years you are entitled. I can't remember if you said you were bf'ing. I guess that might make the caffeine thing tricky...

The Zlin wineries sound beautiful. I love how you made the absolute best out of your time there.

Brilliant start Kheeki. Your job sounds really interesting. And challenging. And of course it's your DH that questions your S%!*t because you obviously have it together. You manage a whole team of counsellors! Your mum sounds really nice and supportive. I am glad she can help you. East Melbourne - can you give me another clue? We are actually moving next week, to Um...I think it's North West. Oh dear if I give any more away anyone who knows me will guess who I am in an instant!

It's tricky cos we want to remain anonymous but we want to share. We'll just have to catch up for coffee/tea/mulled wine/ordinary wine or lemon lime and bitters and talk more openly then.

Something about me....hmmmm....Quite controlling, especially under stress.

And I have never done DE before. Sooty May was it you who asked me that? This will be my first time.

If we keep up this kind of contact then let's meet, ladies.

I am now in bed and I have just eaten four very large chocolate covered licorice sticks. Oh dear. My down fall.
    Last edited by Tiggylig; 05-10-2013 at 07:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tiggy- yep. I am the same. If I said much more than I have, because I work in a small field, Shabam!!, it is obvious who I am. Some of us will be able to more generic than others. But, you have thoroughly intrigued me about what you do which I love. And, you remembered what I said about my mum which just choked me up. I have one brother, older, and he has no children so I must admit I feel so guilty for not making my mum a nana and prioritising my career and the useless men that have come before!
    Last edited by Kheeki; 05-10-2013 at 14:28.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies, do you have Facebook? I can set us up a closed group so we can discuss more personal things without fear of being exposed - that makes it sound like we are up to no good doesn't it! But, I'm sure you know what I mean. This is about our children's privacy and right to choose who knows about their origins.

If you have FB just PM me the email address you use for your log-in and I can make a group. We might need to be friends first but I don't see that as a problem. That way we can share photos and videos etc in a more private forum.