Closed Thread
Page 12 of 94 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I priced that depot injection at Chemist Direct and they wanted $650 for it, its much cheaper to get it from the chemist in Sydney so I'll be going through them.

Alice, sorry your mum is being a pain

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I was going to say Triptorelin!

She's always been a bit of a pain and it's increased ten fold since she became a grandma! She calls me everyday and wants to come over all the time and cries when I wont let her. She's a bit of a manipulator.
    Pre-baby I might have seen her once a fortnight for half an hour as we really aren't very close. She never came over my house, I had to pop into hers!
    She cries and wails on the phone saying I'm stopping her from seeing her grandchildren; it's got nothing to do with them, I just don't want to see her every day!
    You can't tell her though, it's all about her!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Alice, sorry your mum is being so painful right now. She sounds like she is behaving pretty badly. Boundaries boundaries - you just got to set 'em. As if having little ones isn't stressful enough. I wish she would give you a break.
    Let us know when you are coming in December! (or before).

Sooty I am praying you won't need the extra Sydney stuff, though I am sure you can tell us pretty soon, since your appt must nearly be done, right?

So in Melbourne we have...is it Crystal, Sooty, Kheeki, you too right? Or am I being vague and overwhelmed AS I AM EVERY TIME I THINK ABOUT CZZZZZZ!

If you ladies are serious let's organise for December (or can we wait that long!!!?)

xxxTiggy
    Last edited by Tiggylig; 05-10-2013 at 07:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG I just checked - I can't believe we all live in Melbourne but for our leader who is coming to visit. OMG we have to catch up. Can you imagine? we will be hysterical with nerves and plans and hopes and dreams. Are we allowed to drink by this stage?

My DH did the test today and he is convinced he has no sperm left. The results come in on Monday and he won't let me pay the deposit until then. I am climbing the walls a bit; I just SO want to lock it in. But Eva has told me it is fine and she will keep our dates. I just want my plan of action. I want to see my medication lined up on my shelf, I want my shedule, plane tickets, everything organised. I am being a control freak.

October already ladies ...
    Last edited by Tiggylig; 05-10-2013 at 07:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are we allowed to drink? Well that's a personal choice!
    I have a thing for hot spiced wine (mulled wine) so I tucked into a glass of that when I was over there a few days before my transfer. I wish I liked wine normally, I mean without all the cinnamon, cloves, vanilla and sugar added in. It's a bit more classy on a night out than a lemon, lime and bitters!

Tiggy, have you and your almost husband (how exciting by the way!!!) considered the possibility of a sperm donor? I'm pretty sure you could have a donor organised for your cycle as a back up plan.

We will be in Melbourne for the week leading up to Christmas so I will definitely send you all a PM. We will be around the airport area however I'm certain that one day there will probably be a trip to Chadstone and also Cost-co and Harbour Town. Is that big wheel working yet?

My DH is happy to come too if any of the guys had sort of man related questions. Although to be honest I have found that men tend not to talk that much about this stuff to other men!

We used to be in Melbourne a lot more as DH's brother used to live right near that big Westfield over the Nepean Highway. It's funny how our life has changed now, we were reminiscing about it the other day. If we had a few spare days one of us would just say, 'hey, lets go away for a few days' and then that afternoon or the next day we'd be in the car or on a plane! DH said a few weeks ago when he was still on leave that he'd love to go to Melbourne for a few days. We sat down and thought of everything we needed to organise and the list was as long as all our arms put together! In the end we decided it was too much with such short notice. We were going to go to the Monet exhibition, I love Monet's work!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alice - OMG your Mother........ I couldn't bear that, you poor thing. I really don't know what to say, she sounds very needy. I think boundaries or maybe a good sit down / heart to heart about things may be in order? As difficult as that is.... oh dear... I really do feel for you.

Tiggy - Huge Congratulations for your marriage - a good sign for what's to come. xx

AFM: Had a follow up ph consult with Dr M yesterday, re NK Cell treatment plan.....

He wants me to take Dexmethasone x 3 per day. Vitamins: Caltrate Plus x 2 day, Vit E 1,000mg x 1 day, Folic 5mg per day. High Progesterone doses.

Intralipids, 1-2 weesk prior transfer, 4 days post transfer, re-assess if a BFP.

$1,500 Injection (non rebateable), Clexane. He said (re. that VERY expensive injection) - if we weren't time poor, he would put me on the other med's for 4 weeks then do the bloods all over again and see if they had suppressed my NK Cells enough, then he would know whether or not to use the injection. But we don't have that time up our sleeve, so roll on pure gold injection (gee I bet it's more expensive than some of the illegal drugs these guys snort up in back alley ways!!)

Best be off, and try and stay off this for the next few days !! I've got Monday off and am going to be painting (or trying to) our bedroom, ensuite, living room, other bathroom and toilet - as I'm thinking, WHEN I come back BFP, I wont be doing that sort of thing - so here goes.... !!! It's going to be a busy w/end, and I cant wait. I love painting...the rooms are old fashioned peach colour and we're going white.... whoo hoo - new house !!
    Last edited by sootymay; 04-10-2013 at 19:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty, that is fantastic!!!! I knew the injection you meant but I can't remember the name of it either Clexane is also used just to keep blood flowing well, which is probably why he threw it in and it isn't expensive. I will likely go to Sydney for my Intrapilid infusions so Dr.M is doing it all. I think it costs $650 to have it in Sydney, what is the cost here in Melbourne?
    SO
    you've got your plan!!!!! SO exciting OMG speaking of credit cards, because we just went to South Africa which we luckily paid cash for. I've had to put flights on a credit card this time, there just wasn't enough time to save the entire amount again without going into our regular savings. I'm uncomfortable doing that because I feel like I'm pulling our safety net from under us so I put in the plastic fantastic. The credit card will be paid off before we go but I don't like doing that. I hate paying interest

Tiggy, Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!! That is so lovely. I would love to meet up and yes you can have a drink if you want to I'm not sure I'll be able to it will depend on when I start all of the meds but I'm happy to have a coke.

Alice, I'm not a huge fan of wine, it has to be white and sweet or I can't drink it. I do like Strongbow cider though, very nice. If DH has a drink which he rarely does he either has a Crownie or Booker something I think its whiskey..blah. He'll be happy to come along as well if your DH will be there too.

The only thing that may stop me from being able to go is that I get migraines from the depot injection. I got them for almost 2 weeks straight last time. I'm due to take the injection on Dec 17th so for now I'm saying I would LOVE to meet up

Kheeki, did you get your flights booked in? That was an amazing price, can't beat that.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to crystal4431 For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (04-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Crystal. From what I've heard - it's $150 here in Melbourne through Dr L - you just book in & his nurse/receptionist organise it (I guess once you're a patient). A lot cheaper but if we had the extra cash and time I would probably go to Sydney too.

Do you usually get migraines? Or is it just from the depot injection, you poor thing - how awful, I guess at least you know it will hopefully only be 2 weeks.

I love wine, gorgeous stuff !! It was probably a good thing that I got really sick recently (first time in my life) and had 2 weeks off work, and of course I didn't drink - that broke the cycle and now I'm barely touching it.... Preparing myself for Cape Town and will of course probably have a few and make the most of it prior to transfer. If we meet in December - hopefully I will be BFP (OMG!!!!!!!!!!) and won't be drinking
    Last edited by sootymay; 18-10-2013 at 05:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty, credit cards is how its paid for by a lot of ladies..wow that is quite a bit cheaper so is there a bed fee on top of that as well? Or do you have private health cover? If its that much cheaper I may have to reconsider

My biggest problem is caffeine, not sure what the word would be but a caffieneaholic would suit just fine. I've got myself weened down to 300mgs per day. I was taking in 600-800 per day so I have cut it in half but its hard to get rid of it completely. I will hopefully be off of it completely by January...hopefully

I do get migraines a few times a month usually, although Dr.M told me that its quite common with the MTHFR mutation so I hope with treatment I will have a migraine free pregnancy.

I am so excited for you!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooty - all that will be worth and DH will completely agree. It's just one of those things where you can't think too much about the cost or it does your head in. Financially, DH and I can probably do 2 CZ trips then we're done. I think you have to have an idea of where your limit is.

Tiggy - That is wonderful news! How exciting. Double excitement for you to look forward to.

Alice, sorry about your mum. It's called a personality disorder! Not much you can do but reaffirm the boundaries. The big wheel is spinning yet but it does have pods on it!

Crystal yes, I am Melb. Eastern suburbs. Happy to catch up prior to December If anyone wants. Sounds like your DH may need to chill a bit. Just 1 good one is all they need! Hopefully his mind will be put at ease soon.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kheeki For This Useful Post:

sootymay  (04-10-2013)