+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Any larger girls use a belt for pelvic pain?

I need to get either a belt or the Src shirts but I'm not sure what to get. The largest shorts will only just fit me and I'm not sure if they will still fit towards the end of my pregnancy. I'm also a bit iffy of spending $200 for a pair that may not fit or do what I want them to.

On the other hand I'm not sure about getting a belt if it's not going to be that good and end up having to get the shorts anyway.

Most belts I've looked up don't go big enough for me either ( I'm normally a pants 22-24, rough hip measurement is 127cm)

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Is the pain for SPD? I had SPD with both pregnancies. I had one of the belts with DD but it didn't do much. If you are going to spend that much money can you try one first to see if it helps?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm about the same size as you and suffered with SPD, I tried both the shorts and a belt, my preference was the belt as the shorts didn't really helpful as all. At least the belt gives your lower back some support and helps shift some of the weight off your pelvis and distribute it more evenly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used a belt, I am size 20, but it still had room. My physio ordered it for me, but I could find out where from if you needed. ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1378902261.980099.jpg
    The brand is Stork S'port, size XL
    It has 2 peices, one small softer section that goes under the bump, and then a larger elastic support section around the back. Then once you have it on it had another two elastic side sections that you tighten to compress the hips in. I couldn't live without it and it kept me of crutches. Mine was so bad at the end that all my muscles in my bottom and inner thighs were all pulled from trying to keep everything together, and I work a job that involves standing 10+ hours a day. After birth I still use it occasionally on big days, as things are still not quite back to normal. Goodluck!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Zabella For This Useful Post:

Mopoke  (12-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabella View Post
    I used a belt, I am size 20, but it still had room. My physio ordered it for me, but I could find out where from if you needed. Attachment 42025
    The brand is Stork S'port, size XL
    It has 2 peices, one small softer section that goes under the bump, and then a larger elastic support section around the back. Then once you have it on it had another two elastic side sections that you tighten to compress the hips in. I couldn't live without it and it kept me of crutches. Mine was so bad at the end that all my muscles in my bottom and inner thighs were all pulled from trying to keep everything together, and I work a job that involves standing 10+ hours a day. After birth I still use it occasionally on big days, as things are still not quite back to normal. Goodluck!!
    Could you find the name of it for me please? The physio said she could order it for me but as she is only releaving and there every now and again it could take numerous weeks to get a belt. I live remotely as well so everything takes ages. It would be much hickey to get it online or at a chemist.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I found one Australian supplier here
    http://www.clinicwarehouse.com.au/wr...y-support.html
    And that is about the price I paid as well. It looks like you vacant order it cheeper from overseas, but time is a big factor there.
    I hope this helps.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Zabella For This Useful Post:

Mopoke  (13-09-2013)