+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Anyone else really REALLY tired

Ok so I'm just exhausted. DD3 has just passed 4 weeks old and is barely sleeping. All my kids sleep badly, particularly as babies. We always laughed after we had #3 that we if ever had another there was every chance it just wouldn't sleep. Well jokes on us we had #4 and she doesn't sleep. She was awake for 6 hours today.

To be fair her life consists of being dragged everywhere in a baby carrier as I have an 8 year old, a 4 year old and a 2 year old. It's getting to the stage she'll only sleep in the carrier, which can be exhausting. She's also awake a lot during the night.

I'm coping, mainly because I haven't had a proper night's sleep in over 4 years anyway.

But today I'm just really, really tired.

Anyone else? I know it will pass - just some days drag.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm pretty tired. Not really really tired but my 8 month old is waking a 1-4 times a night and can often take 2.5 hours to resettle. But I just wanted to say big hugs, hang in there, you're doing great!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to duckduckgoose For This Useful Post:

Sonja  (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sonja I take my hat off to you! I can't even imagine myself coping with another baby . I have a 17mo and I'm exhausted enough. I want another but I'm scared to because babies just don't sleep. Augh.
    I hope you can get a break soon to get some rest or just time to yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by CitrusRain View Post
    I'm exhausted. I had to pull the car over today because I was so tired that I drove on the wrong side of the road (thank god it was a quiet road) . I had no choice but to go out because we needed milk and nappies.

I'm on my own with a 16 week old baby and a very active toddler and I've had the worst hayfever of my life so between the kids and the hayfever I haven't slept for 2 days.

DH doesn't come home until December so I've called my mum and dad to come down for the weekend (they live 1000km away) so I can catch up on some sleep. I am only barely keeping it together right now so I'll be very glad for the sleep on Friday night!
    Take care of yourself. I hate that feeling of not trusting yourself to even be able to drive. It's horrible. Oh for some sleep.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

CitrusRainxxx  (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep.
    Just yep.
    8week old DS isn't objectively a bad sleeper, I'm just not great at coping with little/broken sleep.

This too shall pass....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yes. I havent really slept since monday. I am so tired yet cant sleep coz of how sick i am atm. I am sending DS to school tomorrow so i am hoping to get even a few hours of sleep uninterrupted. I think i have had about 10hrs sleep since monday so i am extremely ready for some sleep(even a good solid few hours i will be happy with)

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Yep I've got her in a manduca for most of the day as we're out a lot. She screams her head off when I first put her in it then passes out but will cry intermittently just to let me know she's still there. I would live to be able to **** my eyes for even 10 minutes but it's impossible with the sling. She sleeps in the cot occasionally but it's hard work. And she gets woken a lot by my other kids.

Yes it will pass. Just feels like forever at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My fourth has just reached 7 months and it was a long and exhausting 6 months. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel but that light is shining on everything I have put aside while my baby has gotten used to this world.

I've cancelled some of our extra curricular activities so we can chill in the afternoons and I can close my eyes for 10 mins on the couch.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetpeamummy For This Useful Post:

Sonja  (12-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Yes we've cancelled most things this term as well. Has definitely helped. Just the school run twice a day is enough.

Good to know light comes back. I know that intellectually but nice to be reminded.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes.. some days more than others. And I *look* tired, you know? We've also cancelled most things, playgroup once a week if DD is lucky and the groceries get delivered. It's so hard isn't it, we give so much to our babies... but they grow, and fast. Just hard to remember some days...