+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't know why people go on about if being a horrible drink - yeah it is super sweet if you don't usually drink soft drink, but honestly if it was in a can I would have thought if was lemonade.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaOJ For This Useful Post:

heatherm  (12-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaOJ View Post
    I don't know why people go on about if being a horrible drink - yeah it is super sweet if you don't usually drink soft drink, but honestly if it was in a can I would have thought if was lemonade.
    Different tastes. I thought it tasted like there was about 100 teaspoons of sugar in it (horrid!) but my bff thought it tasted great.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by maybenumber3 View Post
    I had gdm with my last bub and I didn't have any symptoms but I ended up on insulin. Fortunately she was ok but sometimes they have to go into special care when they're born if their blood sugar is low.
    Was you diabetes well-controlled despite needing insulin? If so then that's most likely the reason that bub was okay, not because the GDM didn't affect bub.

Have seen some very sick babies from poorly-controlled gestational diabetes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Non-hg I can drink soft drink no worries. Now it's just milk.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had hg last pregnancy and had to do the fasting test twice and was able to keep it down

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    Was you diabetes well-controlled despite needing insulin? If so then that's most likely the reason that bub was okay, not because the GDM didn't affect bub.

Have seen some very sick babies from poorly-controlled gestational diabetes
    Once I was on insulin and a very strict no carb diet it was ok.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure if this would help but if youre unable to do the actual test could you be treated as if you did have it and test sugar levels etc?

Sent from my U8510 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I suffered from severe HG in all 3 of my pregnancies and ive had the test all 3 times. Well it took twice in my first pregnancy and twice in my second because the first time I threw up so much.

I would definitely do the test. I found the drink absolutely awful and I had to dose up on my zofran to keep it down but it was worth it

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i had gd with my first ds and was absolutely certain that i was going to get it again but nope the test with ds2 came back all clear.
    if we have another baby(undecided at this stage) it could go either way.
    both of my boys were born healthy weights ds1 2884g and ds2 3938g but they were born at different gestations ds1 37+4 and ds2 39+6 both spontaneous.
    my diabetes was diet controlled except at night i needed insulin before bed as my pancreas did not want to work overnight and my morning levels were always higher than thy should have been if i did not have the insulin.
    the hospital did take ds1 to the special care nursery to monitor his sugar levels but he was fine and was only there for about 8hrs, just something my hospital does as a precaution.

i dont have a problem with the drink they give you but then again i dont get much in the way of morning sickness so probably why i can drink the glucose drink with ease.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peanutmonkey View Post
    I suffered from severe HG in all 3 of my pregnancies and ive had the test all 3 times. Well it took twice in my first pregnancy and twice in my second because the first time I threw up so much.

I would definitely do the test. I found the drink absolutely awful and I had to dose up on my zofran to keep it down but it was worth it

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I didn't know you could medicate to do the test?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app