+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Crying all the time during pregnancy.

I know everyone's first thoughts will be, oh it's just hormones don't worry about it.
    But it's more than that. My partner is really nasty (he thinks he isn't and that I'm just hormonal.. Which I probably am, but I'm not delusional. I still have valid reasons for having my feelings hurt). The point is I feel like I'm depressed, I cry all the time, I start to hate my life & think about how none of my old friends have anything to do with me. I don't go anywhere and do things except to my mums and life is just taking its toll! I want to be over the moon happy, I want this baby. That's why I decided to ttc.
    Any advice? Xx

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bambiwantsababy For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (03-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So sorry that you're feeling this way. Antenatal depression is a very real thing. I would make an appointment to see your GP to discuss how you're feeling.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnybambino For This Useful Post:

Bambiwantsababy  (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes definitely make an appointment with the GP. Hormones do play a role in pregnancy but I don't think you should be feeling depressed and crying all the time. I'm so sorry to hear about your partner as well. He should be a little bit more supportive. As for your friends, I've found being pregnant and having a baby had shown me who my true friends were. If you ever need to chat you can PM me big hugs to you xx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ginzy89 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs to you, there is lots of support available if you talk to your GP about how you are feeling xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Muzzamum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls you've helped to lift my spirit xoxo hugs to all

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bambiwantsababy For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (03-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will make an appointment now while I remember. Hopefully my doctor can shed some light on the issue for me. Dh has never been overly supportive about anything. Except when we had our mc. But I love him to death and just can't bring myself to be strong enough to walk away.. I wish you could flick a switch and change some people lol.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bambiwantsababy For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (03-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambiwantsababy View Post
    I will make an appointment now while I remember. Hopefully my doctor can shed some light on the issue for me. Dh has never been overly supportive about anything. Except when we had our mc. But I love him to death and just can't bring myself to be strong enough to walk away.. I wish you could flick a switch and change some people lol.
    There is a book I got for my DH called Being Dad by Sam Holt & Troy Jones. It has all the stuff they can expect during pregnancy and birth and having a new born. Might help him to understand things a bit better, if he will read it.

During my first trimester I was crying a lot and depressed and the Morning sickness didn't help either but now at 16 weeks am feeling much better. Good luck and hugs to you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dh won't read he's always calling me a nerd because I read novels lol but thanks for the advice because you reminded me that I want to get books for myself this time!
    Also thankyou for sharing a bit of your experience with me, it's nice to know that other women have felt the way I do and gotten through it xxx have a great remainder of your pregnancy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I can completely relate, I had a awful couple of weeks recently, didn't want to get out of bed, couldn't stop crying etc. I was having relationship troubles, felt lonely ( have a good group of friends but being sad I miss out on social events and generally things I used to be able to do), my partner thought I was being hormonal and was getting fed up, not realising I was genuinely stressed and sad, since he has realised he has been a lot more supportive and sensitive on how he can help, sometimes men just need a big wake up call. I have had a good week and hoping that continues, but if it doesn't that's okay and I will go talk to someone straight away, one day at a time

Pm if you ever need to chat I can very much relate. Would be a good idea to talk to someone ( see your gp) and go from there. Once I expressed my concerns to my midwife I had already felt better, don't feel as though your s burden to anyone, people are always happy to help. In no way did I feel anything negative towards the baby, which I think sometimes people assume.

I find strength in being pregnant, because my baby needs a happy mum.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks katey I'm in the exact same position . It slowly is getting better but I will still be talking to somebody ASAP.i don't feel any negativity towards my baby either I just feel so sad about life some times but hopefully that will end out okay.
    Fingers crossed that the rest of your pregnancy is easy and blissful! Thanks heaps for the support xoxo