+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default RSVPing- to events

Do you do it last minute?

After the date on the invite?

Or basically when you recieve it!

My engagement is oct 19 I've specially put a month prior so (sep 19 RSVP on invites mostly family that are interstate etc) I'm just assuming my bridal party will be attending or I will be bridezilla on their ***'s bahaha. Anyway if people don't RSVP- is it okay to say 'no you didn't RSVP too bad'?!

We have hired somewhere for our function! So paying booze/food the numbers are needed!! Especially people with allergies I'm getting paranoid lol. Being preg doesn't help

Thanks!

Idammed

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I usually leave to last minute incase something comes up but always within the RSVP time frame.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes if they Don't RSVP then assume they aren't coming. I hate that! I always RSVP soon after getting an invite.
    I think waiting for something else to come up is rude. So waiting for a better offer.. Not nice. If people did that to me I would rather them not come.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I rang people for my engagement and wedding. I know you shouldn't have to but like you I was worried people would just show up.

It was crazy the amount of people who were like 'yeah I'm coming....' No explanation or anything. I have an email or mobile number so it wasn't exactly difficult like havin to buy a stamp and post an RSVP.

So why didn't you RSVP?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pisang View Post
    Yes if they Don't RSVP then assume they aren't coming. I hate that! I always RSVP soon after getting an invite.
    I think waiting for something else to come up is rude. So waiting for a better offer.. Not nice. If people did that to me I would rather them not come.
    Exactly this, I find not RSVPing in time very rude!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I know that not RSVPing is rude, but sending out invites with an RSVP in 2 weeks for an event in 6 weeks which is not a Wedding (therefore not something they have been anticipating for months or even more than a year) is setting yourself up for disaster. Whilst I know engagement parties are big events for the engaged couple they are not a valid reason for people who work casually to not show up to work (Weddings might be). Many people who work casually do not get a roster 1 month in advance. Many people with kids may not be able to confirm a babysitter 1 month in advance with little warning. People can be away, so might not get the invite til after the RSVP date.

I'd be surprised if you need to confirm catering numbers a month in advance. A week in advance is more likely surely? I'd be chasing people if it's 2 weeks before the event and you haven't heard from them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by House Mumma View Post
    Yes, very rude. I'm finding RSVP etiquette to anything getting worse these days. I'm actually old fashioned and for weddings ad engagements I post "acceptance cards" to the couple.

i also RSVP as soon as possible to assist the couple with numbers/catering.

On a side note, I recently invited a friend to come over and didn't hear from her. When I saw her next, she "apologised" for not getting back to me and said "I couldn't come anyway so didn't reply". Like seriously, so rude!!! I don't invite her to my stuff anymore.
    Yes this. Rsvp nowadays seems to be getting lost. We've had several events over the years, weddings, christinings, showers, parties and I always seem to be sending out reminders via text or facebook. As the people not replying I know are likely to just turn up and I know wouldnt miss a good party. My sil I dont know why she did it as it would have been a good lesson to teach some one changed her whole seating plan the day before her wedding to accommodate guests that decided they were coming last minute. Talk about extra stress.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mim1 View Post

I'd be surprised if you need to confirm catering numbers a month in advance. A week in advance is more likely surely? I'd be chasing people if it's 2 weeks before the event and you haven't heard from them.
    This. It's a bit rude not to reply by the rsvp date and you were kind enough to give lots of notice to people who have to travel. But I wouldn't play hardball over it. Personally I would wait until closer to the time you need to confirm numbers. You will probably have got the majority of confirmations by then, and you can chase the last few. It is stressful though, pregnancy hormones or not! But at the end of the day you want to have fun and enjoy the process, and I'm sure your friends and family are looking forward to it as well

Thanks
    Reviews
    I try to do it asap.

When we were getting married, it was so frustrating! I made the rsvp date 2 weeks before I had to give final numbers and I still had to ask people the day before I had to confirm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OP you will likely get a bunch of RSVP's in the days just before the cut-off date. This is pretty normal in my experience.

I too find it rude when people don't RSVP at all. It's especially rude when they don't RSVP, yet show up to the party anyway. I think often it comes down to ignorance, in that they have never actually organised a party and have no idea how much work and planning goes into it and the importance of rsvping for catering numbers.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

bubbles89  (11-09-2013)