+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Elijah's mum-hoping you can give me a few hints.
    1-10 month old doesn't really eat meat. He is still on mostly fork mashed good or risoni and veg sauce/risotto but lately has been eating some meat if offered as finger food. He doesn't chew yet though unless it's apple/biscuit (sonething crunchy)...any thoughts on what I can make?

2. I don't eat fish but would love bub to. What are the easiest and best things I should buy to cook for him?

Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Ok - I think the most nutritious and easiest to eat finger foods at ten months are homemade meats balls, fish cakes or nugget type foods - I also found at that age my DS was not a red meat fan and really it's only since he turned 3 he started choosing meat over fish

It is important at this age to introduce a variety of proteins so they get used to the flavours and don't be afraid to try things you wouldn't normally eat ( like crab and duck etc) I made a heap of different nuggets and alternated between beef mince, Turkey mince, lamb mince and fish , you can add whatever veggies you like and I used rice crumbs as a coating and binder but bread crumbs are fine just make sure they are additive free! You can shape them into more croquette shapes ( the size and shape of a mini sausage ) as it's easier to hold and he can nibble off little pieces -he will easily eat these and he needs to learn to bite and chew now so these will be great because it's a minced base there are no big chunks so easy to eat

I literally throw everything into a food processor and pulse a few times as you don't want it too smooth but not to chunky either and then either shallow fry or bake in the oven

Basic nugget/croquette recipe:
    250 grams of fish or mince of your choice
    ( lamb,beef, Turkey, chicken,salmon, flathead,crab)
    1 Grated zucchini
    1 Grated carrot
    1/2 cup Green peas
    Table spoon Fresh parsley
    Tablespoon Chia seeds
    1 egg
    1/2 cup bread crumbs

Pulse a few times until blended then roll into desired sizes and roll again in breadcrumbs and put in fridge for 30 mins - then shallow fry in olive or coconut oil ( they freeze really well)

So he's literally getting meat and 3 veg!

With fish - salmon by far is the best and healthiest- I made salmon croquettes or I used to flake grilled salmon and put pieces on his tray or I used to add it to pasta ( throw in some fresh ricotta, peas and salmon pieces into warm pasta, splash of olive oil and mix )

As he gets older make homemade fish burgers, fish fingers ( flathead is the best for this) salmon sausage rolls , tinned tuna in sandwiches and just grilled fish and veggies plus crab is loaded with B12 so is a great red meat alternative , same with octopus!

Hope that helps!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

McBecks  (18-11-2014),tootsiegirl  (18-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You're awesome that is a huge help, Thankyou!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I made a dairy-free risotto. No butter or Parmesan but it was still pretty good. DD loved it.

Mushroom, chicken & pea risotto
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1416300530.452708.jpg

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (18-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    I made a dairy-free risotto. No butter or Parmesan but it was still pretty good. DD loved it.

Mushroom, chicken & pea risotto
    Attachment 63444
    Did you use oil or nuttelex in it? I love risottos with nuttelex, you really can't tell the difference between that or butter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1416302364.056259.jpg

Roast veg, fetta and basil frittata for dinner tomorrow night, and will serve it with an easy garden salad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Wrong thread

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Did you use oil or nuttelex in it? I love risottos with nuttelex, you really can't tell the difference between that or butter.
    I used both olive oil and nuttelex. It was definitely the parmesan cheese that I missed the most!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Curried sausages. I used coconut milk instead of normal milk (recipe said to use normal milk), I hope it's nice!
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1416380409.094582.jpg

iamLilysmummy is offline <---------------and Laylas mummy too.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1416384625.420141.jpg
    Shepherds pie using Old El Paso stand n stuff.