+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (31-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Chicken and corn soup 100% home made
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whatever veggies I had in the fridge with chicken, all purpose seasoning and mashed pumpkin.
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1401526403.434475.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Elijahs Mum they sound and look amazing!
    Would you mind sharing the recipe?
    Tia :-)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by olismumma View Post
    @Elijahs Mum they sound and look amazing!
    Would you mind sharing the recipe?
    Tia :-)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Very easy! Chuck everything into food processor and blitz and make with puff pastry as you would normal sausage rolls ( Borgs is the best store bought puff pastry with no preservatives) then I sprinkle sesame seeds over the top and bake in pre heated 180 oven for 20 mins until golden - I don't really use exact measurements but today's ones were:

1 medium salmon fillet ( skin off and deboned) cut into cubes
    Handful of fresh parsley
    Handful fresh kale
    Table spoon chia seeds
    Tablespoon Dijon mustard
    Tablespoon sour cream
    Fresh black Pepper
    1 egg
    ( if the mixture is too wet add a some breadcrumbs)

Made about 12 party sized sausage rolls

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

ArthurDent  (01-06-2014),olismumma  (01-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This was breakfast. Mango and white choc scones. Not the most healthy but oh so delicious! I am trying very hard to not eat the last remaining two.
    Attached Images

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @Elijahsmum
    Sorry to derail the thread, but...
    How did you get your kids to eat everything? What was your stance on fussiness? How did you react to them when they took a dislike to certain food?

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

Jensha  (31-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    @Elijahsmum
    Sorry to derail the thread, but...
    How did you get your kids to eat everything? What was your stance on fussiness? How did you react to them when they took a dislike to certain food?

I credit BLW and only ever offering healthy food - i never made a big deal out if his food - how much or how little he ate - I also eat a lot of fish and vegetarian meals ( don't eat red meat or chicken) and do eat lots of salads and vegetables so DS truly knows no different! I also deliberately gave him a huge varied diet quite young - BBQ octopus, mussels, olives, eggplant, kale, prawns, turkey, falafel, lentils etc so he was so used to eating/trying such a variety that new foods just don't phase him - I remember reading that if toddlers have not tried a certain food by 12-18 months their "cave man" survival instinct kicks in and they won't try it ( which is why they say you need to offer some kids food ten times before they will try it)

The only foods he has never liked believe it or not is potato and pumpkin - even at 6 months old would always leave the potato on his tray

I also added "green" things to his meals from the start so he is used to it - fresh herbs in his eggs, spinach in his toasted sandwiches, kale as pizza toppings, broccoli to butter chicken, rocket to pasta etc

He much prefers savoury over sweet ( not sure if that's because he never really had much sweet food before age 2 ) even at parties he by passes the lolly buffet for the dips and cheese! I let him eat anything at parties or other people's houses but still don't have biscuits or chips/lollies at home ( unless we have people over or parties and then he knows its "party food")

Hope that makes sense I'm starting to ramble!
    Last edited by Elijahs Mum; 31-05-2014 at 22:38.

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (01-06-2014),Jontu  (01-06-2014),LoCo  (31-05-2014),olismumma  (01-06-2014),~Marigold~  (31-05-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @Elijahs Mum, I want to hire you as my personal chef / meal planner / kiddie food encourager! You were my biggest inspiration when it came to BLW as well as only offering healthy options and I'm so glad I've followed your advice!

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

ArthurDent  (01-06-2014),Elijahs Mum  (31-05-2014)

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I credit BLW and only ever offering healthy food - i never made a big deal out if his food - how much or how little he ate - I also eat a lot of fish and vegetarian meals ( don't eat red meat or chicken) and do eat lots of salads and vegetables so DS truly knows no different! I also deliberately gave him a huge varied diet quite young - BBQ octopus, mussels, olives, eggplant, kale, prawns, turkey, falafel, lentils etc so he was so used to eating/trying such a variety that new foods just don't phase him - I remember reading that if toddlers have not tried a certain food by 12-18 months their "cave man" survival instinct kicks in and they won't try it ( which is why they say you need to offer some kids food ten times before they will try it)

The only foods he has never liked believe it or not is potato and pumpkin - even at 6 months old would always leave the potato on his tray

I also added "green" things to his meals from the start so he is used to it - fresh herbs in his eggs, spinach in his toasted sandwiches, kale as pizza toppings, broccoli to butter chicken, rocket to pasta etc

He much prefers savoury over sweet ( not sure if that's because he never really had much sweet food before age 2 ) even at parties he by passes the lolly buffet for the dips and cheese! I let him eat anything at parties or other people's houses but still don't have biscuits or chips/lollies at home ( unless we have people over or parties and then he knows its "party food")

Hope that makes sense I'm starting to ramble!
    Thanks for taking the time to reply.
    I did BLW with DD (almost 2) I'd never heard of it when DS was a baby (15 years ago) but if I ever have another bub I'll do it again, it just feels like the most natural, easy way to introduce foods.
    DD does eat some junk, but I feel it's very balanced, her favourite foods at the moment are baby corn spears, carrot, spaghetti bol, sliced ham, grated ham and scrambled eggs.
    But she won't eat, for eg, a chicken drumstick, a meat and rice casserole or a cheese and lettuce sandwich :/

Last edited by ~Marigold~; 01-06-2014 at 00:03.