+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lovesushi View Post
    not much excitement lately, same old rice/noodle with tiny chopped vegs and little bit of meat or fish. Half of the week he only wanted crackers for lunch and cereal for dinner

Popsicles inspired by couple of posts in this thread.

Avocado + pear. I think they're quite bland, maybe a bit of honey next time.
    Attachment 44301
    banana, yoghurt and peanut butter. This one was a hit.
    Attachment 44302
    losts of sweet potato about to go bad so i made chips and sweet potato chiffon cake. Ds loved them.
    Attachment 44303 Attachment 44304

today we had creamy garlic prawn & mushroom pasta, i sneaked in bit of kale. He finished his portion.
    Attachment 44305
    yum!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cassieh For This Useful Post:

lovesushi  (16-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lovesushi your food looks great! And what a little cutie eating the icecream!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to melimum For This Useful Post:

lovesushi  (16-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Attachment 44280

Mac cheese with bacon and peas and hidden veggies (puréed cauliflower and zucchini). This is my any-kid-will-eat-it Mac cheese. It is sooo yummy. Sometimes I add parsley sometimes spinach depends what I have and the fussiness of the kids (often serve it for lunch when kids come over) tonight DS chose peas and ate the whole lot without a peep of fuss
    FL, I would love this recipe if you can be bothered

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SoThisIsLove View Post
    DD is so fussy. All she will really eat is cheese, bread, weetbix, yoghurt and fruit, oh and chips. She wont eat mac n cheese, rarely spag bog or anything like that. Barely touches any meat

Vegies have to be via a smoothie she wont touch them otherwise. I still offer them to her all the time tho. Is anyone elses 3 yr old like this, shes been like this for ages?

Im starting to wonder if she will ever eat vegetables or anything other than the above

??
    I hear ya, but DS is only 2 and that's all he'll eat too. He did get better for a while but now has reverted back to virtually nothing.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    FL, I would love this recipe if you can be bothered
    I basically just make a normal white sauce and add heaps of cheddar cheese. I use about 1.5 cups of milk and nearly a whole block of cheese (precise, I know!) then I steam half a cauliflower and 1 or 2 zucchini and purée them, and mix the purée with the white sauce, some cooked macaroni (a whole packet-500g) and 4-6 rashers of bacon and 2 onions sliced and fried. And then I add peas, spinach or parsley or nothing. Chuck it all in a baking dish and sprinkle with some more cheese and bake it pretty high for about 20 minutes- just enough to bubble up the cheese.
    My friend's little boy is a super fussy eater and every time he comes over he asks for it

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Cue  (16-10-2013),dancingchipmunk  (16-10-2013),lovesushi  (16-10-2013),Pesca77  (17-10-2013),~Marigold~  (17-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I basically just make a normal white sauce and add heaps of cheddar cheese. I use about 1.5 cups of milk and nearly a whole block of cheese (precise, I know!) then I steam half a cauliflower and 1 or 2 zucchini and purée them, and mix the purée with the white sauce, some cooked macaroni (a whole packet-500g) and 4-6 rashers of bacon and 2 onions sliced and fried. And then I add peas, spinach or parsley or nothing. Chuck it all in a baking dish and sprinkle with some more cheese and bake it pretty high for about 20 minutes- just enough to bubble up the cheese.
    My friend's little boy is a super fussy eater and every time he comes over he asks for it
    Yummo! I'll try making this. Thank you for posting it

I've got the same bowl as you, the colourful 'name' one. Just thought I'd throw that random fact in.....

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I seen the idea for the ice cube trays on this thread and thought I would give it a go.
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1381928682.684662.jpg

I tried a few of the ice blocks but my kids hate yoghurt, They didn't like the ice blocks
    But I have a juicer so I made freshly juiced icy poles with oranges, pineapple, I did a broccoli and lime one which dd seems to love.

With all the sausage talk, woolies sell organic chicken sausages for kids.
    They are gluten free etc and taste amazing!!!

For anyone wanting a healthier alternative for chicken nuggets here's what I do.
    What you need:
    - minced chicken
    - mushy veggies (peas, sweet potato, cauliflower, zucchini.)
    - organic corn flakes
    - onion (this is for flavour you can change it to curry powders etc of you want)
    - freezer bag
    - a meat basher (sorry I think they are called a mallet)
    - olive oil

Cut up the veggies, purée them, keep them in little squares. However you think would suit your LO, with the sweet potato etc I cook them a little until you can mush them.
    Mix it in with the chicken mince, add the onion or spices, or both.
    And mix it all together in a bowl with your hands.

Set it aside.

Fill up a plastic bag with the corn flakes, put a towel over it and bash them.
    Until they look like bread crumbs.
    Get the chicken mince/veggie mix and with your hands just make them into a rough image of a nugget.
    Lightly brush with olive oil, I get the olive oil in the spray can and just lightly coat it, lightly, don't over do it.
    Then cover it in the corn flake crumbs.
    Put them in a container and freeze.
    When you need to cook them (depending on the thickness) I cook them for 20 mins at 180 degrees, just put an extra few in for your first batch to use as testers to see when they have cooked through.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Bergeron For This Useful Post:

MummaJez  (17-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awesome FL, thanks for that

Those chicken nuggets sound lovely too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Today's lunch. Pita pizza & cucumber 😀

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1381985023.358787.jpg

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MummaJez For This Useful Post:

Blue Dragon  (17-10-2013),~Marigold~  (17-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaJez View Post
    Today's lunch. Pita pizza & cucumber ������

Attachment 44342
    That looks yum !