+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 95 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We had mini prawn rolls for lunch
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1379221617.147734.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thats the cutest roll ive ever seen XD

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I found them at this fab bakery in mascot - mini brioche hamburger buns!!! So yummy! I stock up and freeze them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I found them at this fab bakery in mascot - mini brioche hamburger buns!!! So yummy! I stock up and freeze them!
    So cute!
    We use dinner rolls for mini hotdogs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Homemade chicken and veggie nuggets, potato gems, cherry tomatoes with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, pretzels and cheese.

20130915_171646.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    What a great post! My little girl was a great eater till she turned approx 14mnths/started daycare - now she refuses all vegies/meat/anything warm practically. she lives on an abundance of fruit, yogurt, custard, vegemite sandwiches, anything with carbs really. I think the fact that i let her snack throughout the day isnt helping things but my question is: If your child refuses main meal of lunch or dinner do you offer something else? I try every night to give my little one a nice healthy dinner for example but she cracks it, and wont eat anything. so i give in with a vegemite sandwich :S she is almost 18mnths.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by minniemarta View Post
    What a great post! My little girl was a great eater till she turned approx 14mnths/started daycare - now she refuses all vegies/meat/anything warm practically. she lives on an abundance of fruit, yogurt, custard, vegemite sandwiches, anything with carbs really. I think the fact that i let her snack throughout the day isnt helping things but my question is: If your child refuses main meal of lunch or dinner do you offer something else? I try every night to give my little one a nice healthy dinner for example but she cracks it, and wont eat anything. so i give in with a vegemite sandwich :S she is almost 18mnths.
    I'm lucky that DS has always eaten but I have a few friends with kids who also got fussy at that age and as long as there are no food aversions no they don't offer anything else and usually after a week or so the kids figure out its try some dinner or nothing! But they also offer a wide variety of different types of food at dinner as in meat/veg/ rice/salad so they will at least eat something and no snacking at least 2 hours before dinner or maybe make lunch or breakfast the main meal and take the stress out of the dinner times battles!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

minniemarta  (15-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by minniemarta View Post
    My DS1 was fantastic until around two then he went through a stage where he would only eat pasta!!! It became quite stressful for me and him and I dreaded dinner time. The more I tried to force new foods on him, the more stubborn he became.

I ended up making a conscience decision to show no emotion over food with him. He was offered dinner if he refused I didn't pressure, get angry, make deals or offer anything else. I just told him if he didn't eat it he would have a shower & go straight to bed. This happened twice. On the third night he came out and decided to try his food. I would test his strength after each bite (as I told him he needed to eat a variety of foods to grow stronger). I would act like he was getting stronger after every mouthful. I also told him that if he didn't like anything he could spit it out but he might be surprised and like it. He went from a boy who only ate pasta (before that he ate soooooo well, all homemade heathy food) .... To a boy who now eats just about anything. I'll only introduce new foods once or twice a week. He eats chicken, fresh fish, salmon patties, steak, carrot, corn, peas, etc. all sorts of fruit, eggs, avocado, fresh dates, etc.

The only things he genuinely doesn't like are strawberries (crazy kid!!).

I found that not making food a stress or pressure and just a 'well that's what I'm offering take it or leave it' seemed to work for me. I'm now in the same process with DS2. He is a quite happy to go to bed without dinner but does have a late afternoon snack so I'm thinking of cutting that out as I don't think it's helping him want to eat dinner.
    Last edited by Theboys&me; 15-09-2013 at 22:32.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

minniemarta  (16-09-2013)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    1379316824517.jpg

DS is having pork fried rice- mince pork, ginger, onion, carrot, cabbage, rice and a splash of soy sauce. Yum!

DD is having the same made into a patty type of a deal with no soy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    1379320572611.jpg

Dd looked pretty impressed with her dinner, I tried a bento style but day before grocery day I didnt have much to work with. She had broccoli, peas corn and carrot, a little bit of Moroccan chicken and some creamy pasta. She ate all the broccoli, all the peas corn carrot, some pasta, no chicken. This kid will not eat meat!

Sent from my GT-I9300T using The Bub Hub mobile app