+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquillah View Post
    Oh my gosh! I just sprayed my drink all over my screen
    Sorry...lol. We joke she'll be a politician because she's always kissing babies... Or be some kind of big Defence lawyer - boy can she argue a point. We're just hoping she's not famous for needing a Defence lawyer. *sigh*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    Just dont let her be a miley cyrus!!

Mumma to two beautiful boys on the spectrum and one special little girl.
    Gawd I hope not! But I will have to learn to step away from any suggestions as to what she shouldn't be because she will do *anything* that I say not to...just to prove she can. The teenage years should prove interesting.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've been naked with Dan Sultan.

When I nannied in the UK, my kids went to preschool with Noel and Liam Gallagher's kids, Kate Winslet's kid, and a few other minor UK celebs. They lived in a very starry neighbourhood (Primrose Hill). Jude Law spoke to me in the playground once. Before I knew he slept with nannies, or I would have had a go

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Chillies  (11-09-2013),CleverClogs  (11-09-2013),Funchu  (11-09-2013),grumpysmurf  (11-09-2013),headoverfeet  (11-09-2013),joalisha  (11-09-2013),JungleMum  (19-09-2013),Miados2007  (11-09-2013),Mokeybear  (11-09-2013),risfaerie  (19-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I've been naked with Dan Sultan.

When I nannied in the UK, my kids went to preschool with Noel and Liam Gallagher's kids, Kate Winslet's kid, and a few other minor UK celebs. They lived in a very starry neighbourhood (Primrose Hill). Jude Law spoke to me in the playground once. Before I knew he slept with nannies, or I would have had a go
    How did you get naked with him???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer1 View Post
    I was in preps and grade one with andy, from Hamish and andy. His dad was also my teacher, and i grew up with his cousins. I also worked at the logies, including the after party,...... Interesting. Jimoins roady gave me his phone number years ago oh and I worked with Matthew richardsons mum. She was proud because her son was in that days paper, and she had it in her pocket, I was happy to see it so she produced the double page spread on him.... Silly me was still looking for her son....
    Omg I love Andy!! Set me up? Lol!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Well, I got to meet Kochie On the same day I met Nat and Samantha from sunrise, Anne Sanders and a bunch of people from Home and Away were there. I only really spoke to Emily Symons though, and she was lovely! DH bumped into "Alf" and narrowly restrained himself from calling him a flamin' galah! I spoke to a bunch of reporters, but can't remember them all. I remember I got interviewed by Dicko, and he was really nice.

Other than that day, I have a 2nd cousin who was a long standing weatherman on the abc- Mike Bailey- but I never met him I've met a fair few band members from Australian bands but some are kind of obscure. Along with everyone else that was a 90's teen, I've met Frenzal Rhomb!

The coolest celeb connection we have is that my DH entered a design to the t-shirt printing site where people vote for them to do a 24 hour run of selling a design a day. His design was based on a Stephen King series and he tweeted the link at Joe Hill, who is an author in his own right as well as Stephen King's son. He liked it so much he voted for it and got all these people to do the same AND he showed his dad! Both Joe and Stephen bought shirts and Stephen signed one for us too. It's now framed and on the wall only the other day DH got a message to his fb page where he shares his art and stuff from an American girl who wore it to a book signing- apparently Mr King told her it was his fave shirt (even though I didn't design it I still had a major fan girl swoon!)

In my late teens I went to the same gym as the St George dragons and more than once found myself in the spa with Anthony Mundine and co!

I once ran smack in to Michael Klim. I also managed to get into the 2000 Olympic swim team after party in Kings Cross and Scott Miller etc was there. On our honeymoon only 3 years ago, we passed Grant Hackett at the airport (me to DH- look! There's Ian Thorpe! )

Also years ago, I sold Alison Brahe porterhouse steak when working in a butcher shop- oh, the glamour!!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

sockstealingpoltergeist  (11-09-2013),~ElectricPink~  (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I don't know anyone famous. I'm not that exciting my parents used to be neighbours with an ex afl player (I don't really consider them 'famous' people though, and I hate football and know very little about the players but this guy was pretty well known, think he used to play for swans and had a nickname like plugger or something)
    Hmm.. I have friends who have partied with ozzy (and most likely did a lot of drugs with him too :roll eyes: ) oh my parents met Chopper at an airport once, mum got his autograph on her plane ticket, he had nothing flat to write on so he said "turn around" and wrote it on mums back lol.

I imagine if you knew famous people, it wouldn't be that exciting anyway, at the end of the day they're just normal people like everyone else!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have met Curtis Stone..we spoke for about 10 seconds but in that time I knew (I loved) him. Seriously, I could barely contain myself!
    I have also had a couple of brief flings with NRL players before I met DH. in my defense, I had no idea who they were until other people told me, I find football mind numbing.
    Oh I also went to school with Abbie Cornish, but she was a few years ahead of me so we weren't friends.
    Flimsy, but I'm claiming them all!

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    my brother was the paddle pop lion at the Easter show when he was younger - does that count!!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Mokeybear  (11-09-2013),oozzle  (11-09-2013),~ElectricPink~  (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ck2b View Post
    If we are just talking about regular famous people - not like Hollywood level I have a few.
    My Dad is really well known where we live. He's always on the news and in the paper. He's been on 60 minutes a few times. Written a few books. Everyone knows him or of him ( I never volunteer who he is and now I am married we have different names so people don't figure it out straight away). My Dad has met heaps of famous people - Olivia Newton John, the village people, Paul Hogan, a few of the people from the morning shows. He's had Ray Martin and George Negus to his house for dinner. Best on though is he met Princess Di and Prince Charles when they were is Oz and we have a great photo of him shaking their hands. He is also friends with all the pollies - good friends. Really he is a big fish in a small pond. I met George Negus, hung out with manpower for a few days ( take from that what you will LOL!!! ) . DH has met heaps - he works at big events and often has to be a body guard or be organizing the security at concerts of celebrity things. Half the time he doesn't even know who they are till he finds out they are the main act LOL.
    Oh - and I guy I went to school with was on Home and Away and then had his own kids show on ABC for a while.
    ETA : I keep remember some more. My cousin got on with Russle Crowe before we was big overseas ( they didn't DTD though) and my sister met Cate Blanchette and the guy from Shine ( name escapes me...).
    I've got pics of me with the Village People when i was little, Felipe Rose wouldn't put me down and kept cracking me up with noises he made..

I have met Kamahl and Kulcha (anyone remember them??), I met Kylie Minogue, Jason Donovan and Guy Pearce at a Richmond Air Show..
    There are so many I have briefly met.. Was pretty fun having a security guard Dad when I was at school..

Oh and met the guys from Masterchef. I love them. LOVE this pic of my little man with Matt Preston.. He was soooo nice!

Last edited by oozzle; 11-09-2013 at 09:27.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to oozzle For This Useful Post:

Blossompossumxxxx  (11-09-2013)