+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 LastLast
    lexim is offline Winner 2013 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    The Marty that was married Jess?
    The one and only. They separated 10months before we got together. She had left to go to the UK with another fella

DH + Me =
    DS (09/12/09)
    DS (04/02/13)
    Hoping for #3 soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BlueBirds View Post
    The same Nathan Marty that married Jess?
    See above

DH + Me =
    DS (09/12/09)
    DS (04/02/13)
    Hoping for #3 soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mumzy1976 View Post
    Haha I remember he was a bit cute back then, lol that he says he's still got it. My hubby is a muso with some regular groupies who chase him and says the exact same.
    It use to be really annoying back when we first got together, girls use to throw themselves at him, it was quite embarrassing...for them. And people where just rude, they'd be hugging him and talking to him without even acknowledging me or saying things like "where's jess?" And giving me weird looks as if I was some sort of home wrecker!
    But now it doesn't happen. He still gets recognized and asked for photos (if he's clean shaven lol) but it doesn't really bother me anymore as people are nicer about it or maybe because we don't really go out out anymore.
    Still get the occasional douchebag - like this one girl at the emergency room was like "ohhhh I met him at Lancelin awhile back, clearly it was waaaaay before you, he was obviously single then" lol I was like "um great"

DH + Me =
    DS (09/12/09)
    DS (04/02/13)
    Hoping for #3 soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=lexim;7456582]It use to be really annoying back when we first got together, girls use to throw themselves at him, it was quite embarrassing...for them. And people where just rude, they'd be hugging him and talking to him without even acknowledging me or saying things like "where's jess?" And giving me weird looks as if I was some sort of home wrecker!
    But now it doesn't happen. He still gets recognized and asked for photos (if he's clean shaven lol) but it doesn't really bother me anymore as people are nicer about it or maybe because we don't really go out out anymore.
    Still get the occasional douchebag - like this one girl at the emergency room was like "ohhhh I met him at Lancelin awhile back, clearly it was waaaaay before you, he was obviously single then" lol I was like "um great" QUOTE]

I remember them and later on they had their own show as well for a while.At the time I was more of a Jess fan personally. Ha ha I never even realised they had split up until now. Now it has me wondering what has happened to all the other BB stars. I saw one of them at the Gold coast airport and I stared and stared at him because I could not work out where I knew him from..then I got on my flight and it dawned on me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ohh, I remember a story.

One time, I was on the bus and there was a girl I recognised. So I went and sat next to her and said "Hey, how you going, haven't seen you in ages". She was like "we don't know each other, you recognise me from tv". I was sooo mortified, I just wanted the floor to open up.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

risfaerie  (20-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Ohh, I remember a story.

One time, I was on the bus and there was a girl I recognised. So I went and sat next to her and said "Hey, how you going, haven't seen you in ages". She was like "we don't know each other, you recognise me from tv". I was sooo mortified, I just wanted the floor to open up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't know anybody famous but my mum has met quite a few people working at the airport. Russell Brand gave her a hug, she has met Daniel Craig, detective Goran from Law & Order Criminal Intent, Delta Goodrem. She had a conversation with Billy Joel and she had no idea who she was talking to until he walked away & one of her coworkers told her who he is lol
    There's a few more but I'm too tired to dig through my brain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Ohh, I remember a story.

Hahaha I love this!

DH + Me =
    DS (09/12/09)
    DS (04/02/13)
    Hoping for #3 soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DF met OUR GLORIOUS PM at the airport last year. (DF is an engineer at the airport and the hangar was used when the athletes came back from the Olympics.)

Mr Abbott was carrying two coffees and one of DF's co-workers informed Mr Abbott that he likes his coffee white with two sugars. Mr Abbott did not know how to respond so, alas, said co-worker did not get a coffee from the then future PM. Woe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faroutbrusselsprout View Post
    One of our very good friends is friends with Brad and Ange. He goes to their place to watch the soccer.
    He knows Johnny depp as well. He works in "props" on big budget Hollywood movies. He has the best stories about all of the stars.
    I use to date a few AFL players. One was engaged at the time. Always want to tell his wife when I see him commentating on TV.
    I've met red hot chilli peppers, and lots of Aussie celebs through my previous career.
    I use to work on TV. I'm googable!
    I too am googleable!!

♡♥TTC since June 2013♥♡