+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Scary day but feel better now!

I am 10+2 and got the biggest scare of my life yesterday. Was walking around the shops yesterday and I felt a big gush, raced to the toilet and it was blood an off pink colour. Went straight to the hospital where in the waiting room the bleeding continued. Wasn't heavy but turned bright red. They couldn't do an ultrasound because no sonographer on. Did hcg levels and it was 75000 which was normal.
    Sent me home to have ultrasound today.
    Well just got back and everything is as it should be. Baby's heartbeat was 173 bpm and was moving around looking very happy. So just goes to show bleeding in pregnancy doesn't always mean the worst. Although I do hope this is the last of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    So scary but great news! I had the same thing happen a few times.. First time just over 12 weeks and then again at 16 weeks and then spotted until 20 weeks I had a SCH which was causing it. but by my 21 week scan it was all clear, my spotting had stopped and bub is growing beautifully. I'm now nearly 27 weeks.
    Try not to do too much - I know it's often thought to be an old wives tale to bed rest but just listen to your body if you have overdone it stop and have a rest.
    Hope you don't have to go through it again xxx

Similar Threads

1. Scary Day
    By octopuslady in forum First Trimester Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-10-2013, 17:38
  2. 2 year old suddenly complaining of it being to scary to go to bed??
    By Kelly8329 in forum General Sleeping & Settling Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-12-2012, 19:53