+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default FIFO, TTC and gender swaying

Am I crazy to think about gender swaying since my hubby is FIFO. I know TTC would be that little bit harder / take longer then if he was home ,
    Do you think gender swaying would add more pressure or is doable?
    We have 2 girls and the reason we would be trying again is to try for a boy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    If his swings line up then go for it . It took 12mths to conceive our second bub while dp was fifo, one week on one week off (not due to the shifts we had other issues), he was a boy.

So when it came time to ttc our third bub I thought it would take a lot longer because we were swaying for a girl, he was fifo and we had trouble conceiving our second bub. I tracked ovulation for a few months before we actually 'tried'. eventually his shift lined up with the perfect timing and we conceived on our fourth month. I'm 25wks pregnant with a girl at the moment

Eta: I think is a good idea to get prepared. Track ovulation for a while before jumping in. Also set yourself a goal, eg. If you don't fall pregnant within 6mths you will have a break. Or if you don't fall pregnant within 12mths you will reasses the gender swaying ect.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by IndigoJ; 10-09-2013 at 17:26.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanx I started charting my period a recently I was going to start charting ovulation this month as well and I guess look into the 'boy diet' I may as well go the whole hog on swaying- this will be last bub!! And I guess hope his swings line up early next year lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ejay View Post
    Thanx I started charting my period a recently I was going to start charting ovulation this month as well and I guess look into the 'boy diet' I may as well go the whole hog on swaying- this will be last bub!! And I guess hope his swings line up early next year lol!
    Good luck might as well give the swaying a try for a while. It can't hurt

Sent from my GT-I9100 using The Bub Hub mobile app