+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Nepean Public Hospital - Good or bad reviews?

I'm a FTM due at the end of March '14. I'm currently going through the Nepean Clinical School and am booked into Nepean Public for the birth. I've read some really bad reviews for the maternity care so I'm interested to hear from anyone that's had a birth there. Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my DD at Nepean public in 2012 and i cannot speak more highly of the midwives, they are exceptional!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I have had both of my son's at Nepean public.

My first experience I had a lovely midwife the whole way through. I ended up being induced and I found that experience not the best. I don't think I had all the information explained to me that I could. I didn't get a bed in delivery until half an hour before I had DS1 but they were very helpful after and there was nothing wrong with DS1. Stayed for 2 nights.

I went back for DS2 and had different midwives each appt because of the renovations and leave etc. I went into labour naturally, turned up to delivery and had some lovely midwives checking on me. They didn't push me to do anything I didn't want to and were very supportive. Stayed for 1 night.

I would go back again. If you have any other specific questions I don't mind answering.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does Nepean allow water births does anyone know? Also what are the delivery rooms like and what facilities do they have in them?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    My friend had a water birth there so yes they do.

The rooms have a bed, a seat, cd player. In the bathroom is a shower, bath, toilet.

We had a tour of the rooms during our class.

Sent from my telecommunications device.