+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to her previous concert where she did an awesome rendition of "I touch myself" by the Divinyls.
    Not appropriate for under 12 in my mind. BUT that was a different concert.
    Bl**dy fab concert though.
    I find that happens a lot. Most of the people that DD would love to see in concert are not *age appropriate* live (in our house). Does not mean she doesn't love them and listen to them anyway (Not talking swearing etc). Shame she doesn't like those soppy boy bands, well fortunate really because it means I don't have to listen to them!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Notably Nutty For This Useful Post:

shazzars  (10-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeForWine View Post
    Im in two minds - I think the really young girls (ie 4 to 10) probably not - even just the noise levels? But in saying that Pink HAS changed alot since having Willow in that she didnt swear really at all in any of her songs..... the one song where she did swear she said 'ok all the parents with young girls cover their ears cause Im about to cuss' haha

Look I personally wouldnt but my daughter who is 5 listens to some pink songs so who am i to judge i guess.
    So pink doesn't think young boys ears don't need to be protected when she's about to cuss?
    I thought she was all about feminism and sex equality?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lili81 View Post
    So pink doesn't think young boys ears don't need to be protected when she's about to cuss?
    I thought she was all about feminism and sex equality?
    No idea as we weren't there. Perhaps there weren't any young boys present, who knows?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

ExcuseMyFrench  (11-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went last Wednesday and was a bit shocked at the number of young girls there. A lot where on the floor standing, so I don't know how much they would have actually seen anyway... I think P!nk is a great artist but some of her songs aren't appropriate for young ears. However, that's just my opinion and parents can raise their kids the way they choose. Most sexual innuendo would go over young heads anyway.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Vonnie89 For This Useful Post:

shazzars  (10-09-2013)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I saw P!NK in 2007 I think and a friend took her 8 or 9 year old. There wasn't a lot then that I felt was inappropriate. She does swear, but so do kids at school. She is not sexually explicit in her dance moves, where her costumes are brief they are still not trashy, mainly functional for the remarkable physicality of the show. I actually think that as far as pop culture influences go, P!NK would be on of my top picks. She is strong, capable, talented, sure of herself but has a softness which surprised me, and stands up for things she believes in (I saw her when she was singing "Mr President" - brought the house down).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

oozzle  (10-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im a huge concert goer, i travel interstate to see my favorite bands and I have taken dd to concerts since she was 5. Hubby and I went to pink the last two times she toured here and dd (8 at the time) wanted to go, after seeing the show I promised next time she could come.
    We went to see pink in August this year , dd is 10 and a half.
    We lined up for a few hours to get a good spot on the dance floor, which we did, dd was on the barrier and I was behind her. In The crowd close by there were other young girls, and dd never felt pushed, or intimidated or uncomfortable.
    When pink asked " who here is a sl@t " I thought uh oh and then she launched into the song, there was nothing I could do about it. We spoke about it later, I'm not a prude but we don't use that word so dd isn't familiar with it lol
    Dd told everyone the concert was great
    I would take her again in a second!
    Pink stands for equality, she empowers girls and women and I want my dd to hear those messages

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't see a problem with taking young girls to see P!nk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I took my DD (9) to see her don't really see a problem with it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If my kids wanted to go & it was affordable - I'd take them in a heartbeat. DS (7) wanted to go with me this year but we didn't have the money for another set of tickets. I've promised him that next time if he still wants to go, we will.

Other than 's*** like you' I didn't think any of the songs are any worse than what he'd hear on the radio. He knows there's a difference between swearing in music & us swearing but will sing 'beep' instead of the swear word!