+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've been to a couple of Pink concerts, I love her, she is amazing. I wouldn't take a young child though. By young I mean under 12/13. For me its not so much about the words of her songs, rather the actual stage performance by Pink and her back up crew. I feel its a bit raunchy for young kids.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

shazzars  (10-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJones&Me View Post
    Don't take her then, simple really Other parents feel it's ok so leave them be I guess?

I would take DD, P!nk is an artist I would be happy for her to listen to!
    I was just looking for opinions. I didn't go up to each parent there and tell them off for bringing their daughters along. Each to their own.

It's just interesting to get a different perspective. Considering all the uproar over Miley, I find it amusing that P!nk is okay because she has 'toned down'.

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shazzars View Post
    I was just looking for opinions. I didn't go up to each parent there and tell them off for bringing their daughters along. Each to their own.

It's just interesting to get a different perspective. Considering all the uproar over Miley, I find it amusing that P!nk is okay because she has 'toned down'.

Fair en0ough but you really can't compare :/ I'd take my daughter to a hannah montana concert in the days gone by (but now now!) I think P!nk is different because she is a spokeswoman for equality & her music isn't sex.ual like MC's is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would take my daughter. I used to think No I wouldnt but after the last concert I've decided next time I will take DD with me. I know my DD and she wouldnt even realise theres was anything sexual about it. Shes just so innocent

Thanks
    Reviews
    I took my DD who was not quite 8. P!nk is a talented empowered woman who I don't mind my DD looking up to. I think she is a positive role model even with the sexual overtones and my DD hears the swearing from me anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    It's not about the sexuality really, I think it's about the way they own it.

I think there's people like Lady GaGa and Pink who OWN their sexuality. They're strong women who aren't scared to be sexual beings. Neither of them have music I'm really into, but I can respect the way they present themselves.

Miley doesn't have that maturity or strength... she's more like a drunk teenager thinking she's being all hot and sexually free but is just coming across as sleazy and cheap.

I'm cool with DD understanding that women are allowed to express their sexuality, but I don't want her thinking that she needs to get naked and grind on whatever she can get her bits and pieces close to is cool, because it's not, it's embarrassing.

That's why I'd technically be okay with a Pink concert, but not a Miley one... if that makes sense.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

ChickyBee  (11-09-2013),FrothyFrog  (10-09-2013),TimeForWine  (10-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The difference between pink and miley is Pink makes sure young girls know their bodies arent all they have. She empowers them to use their minds and know they dont have to be a 'stupid girl' to get places

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsBid For This Useful Post:

TimeForWine  (10-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whilst we are talking about how inappropriate Miley Cyrus has become for young girls I thought I'd put this one out there.

My husband and I went to see P!nk on her recent Aussie Tour and were shocked to see many young girls (5-13 yrs) at the concert.

Do you think taking a young girl to a P!nk concert is appropriate?
    i was suprised at the HUGE difference in ages of her fans too!!! i was sitting next to a 6-7yr old, she was in the isle dancing the whole time. i didnt have an issue with it cos it wasnt my kid. I wouldnt fork out $150 for a 5yr old to go to a concert thats prob not appropriate and that late at night. However, Pink was aware she had young kids there and toned down her language. She said she has a baby now so understands it all.
    each to their own i guess. i enjoyed the concert, little kids didnt bother me. Its the parents who have to deal with tired little kids next day ha!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to B00ts For This Useful Post:

shazzars  (10-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Whilst we are talking about how inappropriate Miley Cyrus has become for young girls I thought I'd put this one out there.

My husband and I went to see P!nk on her recent Aussie Tour and were shocked to see many young girls (5-13 yrs) at the concert.

Do you think taking a young girl to a P!nk concert is appropriate?
    Yes I agreed with this i was shocked too with the ages of people there. Lots of very' suggestive' dancing that I would think would be in appropriate to take MY daughter too when he is that age

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I ended up with free tix to the Brittney 'circus' concert and there were heaps of really young girls there. Given the stage of britbrits life I can only imagine the kids were there as an excuse for the mums to go. Apart from it being the most tortuously bad concerts ever, it was so raunchy most walked out. I realise Brits isn't Pink, but I don't think young girls get the whole "empowerment of women" thing anyway, it's just music and dancing, I believe at an adult level, and not for kids. Maybe 13 onwards, but not the little ones.