+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Young girls at a P!nk concert

Whilst we are talking about how inappropriate Miley Cyrus has become for young girls I thought I'd put this one out there.

My husband and I went to see P!nk on her recent Aussie Tour and were shocked to see many young girls (5-13 yrs) at the concert.

Do you think taking a young girl to a P!nk concert is appropriate?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pink has actually toned down her concerts a lot since she had a baby. We went and saw her a few weeks back and she said to the audience that she doesn't feel as comfortable with saying the F word and things when she knows there is kids around. However she did also say it wasn't going to stop her from being who she is and she launched in to a song 'S**t like you' which obviously isn't lovely for kids.
    When I was growing up I was always taught that swear words and adult things like that were for adults to say and not children. I have 2 siblings under 6 who both sing along to Pink songs not having any idea what they're singing and personally I think in that kind of environment it's fine. It's an adventure and if it means mum and dad can get out of the house and enjoy themselves also then good on them! My only concern would be the volume of noise so I would always suggest buy some of those cute little ear muffs that you can buy for concerts to protect their little ears and make sure you're in a safe and comfortable spot where no one can get squished.
    If it came between being exposed to Pink or being exposed to Miley Cyrus I know which I'd choose. The one who stands up for herself and women and stands for equality. Not the one with her tongue hanging out flashing her bits about lol

TwoMummas - Beginning our journey to becoming Mums through IUI.

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twomummas For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (10-09-2013),tjewell  (10-09-2013)

TimeForWine is offline Taking everyday one wine at a time...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Im in two minds - I think the really young girls (ie 4 to 10) probably not - even just the noise levels? But in saying that Pink HAS changed alot since having Willow in that she didnt swear really at all in any of her songs..... the one song where she did swear she said 'ok all the parents with young girls cover their ears cause Im about to cuss' haha

Look I personally wouldnt but my daughter who is 5 listens to some pink songs so who am i to judge i guess.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TimeForWine For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (10-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    P!nk is also 34 years old. You would hope that she has grown up some. Think back to when she first broke onto the scene back in 2000 with her first album at 21 years old.

I personally wouldn't take my young daughter to a P!nk concert no matter how 'toned' down she is. Her lyrics are still inappropriate even if my daughter didn't necessarily understand then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I wouldn't take my daughter to a Pink concert because I'm too cheap and not really a Pink fan myself. I'd also be reluctant to believe she'd behave appropriately for the entire thing and not whinge and complain and generally make me regret dragging her along.

I don't really think it's a big deal though. I'd be more hesitant to take her to a 1D concert if I'm honest... those girls go apesh*t and many end up injured due to how crazy they get. She'd no doubt leave with ear damage too (lol).

I'm not too worried about her seeing people dancing or singing about adult issues though... I'd be more concerned about her seeing a Miley performance or something. I think it's fine for her to see that a grown woman can be sexually strong, as Pink seems to be.

And if it's about lyrics or whatever... 1D sings some song about not even knowing each other but pretending they're in love and rooting around or god knows what. Meh. She doesn't understand it anyway. Watching Grease as an adult I never realised how much sexual innuendo there is... as a kid, it just goes over your head.
    Last edited by SassyMummy; 10-09-2013 at 12:38.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

TimeForWine  (10-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I let my kids listen to all kinds of music including swearing, adult themes. They can, and do, ask questions about it and I will discuss it openly with them. They know they are not to repeat swearing, but in my home, music is art, and art is not censored. That's just my view. So would I take them to see p!nk? Sure, if I could afford too lol!
    All our kids have pretty decent taste so far, ranging from metalcore to punk to pop to classic rock. I love that they've had such a wide exposure to music. DSD, 11, likes Taylor Swift, Adele and Queen. DD, 10, likes Lady Gaga, Buried in Verona and Bon Jovi and DSS, 9, loves System of a Down.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

αληθη  (10-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    I let my kids listen to all kinds of music including swearing, adult themes. They can, and do, ask questions about it and I will discuss it openly with them. They know they are not to repeat swearing, but in my home, music is art, and art is not censored. That's just my view. So would I take them to see p!nk? Sure, if I could afford too lol!
    All our kids have pretty decent taste so far, ranging from metalcore to punk to pop to classic rock. I love that they've had such a wide exposure to music. DSD, 11, likes Taylor Swift, Adele and Queen. DD, 10, likes Lady Gaga, Buried in Verona and Bon Jovi and DSS, 9, loves System of a Down.
    Oh DSS 9 has some good taste - I dont know why but I LOVE SOAD - totally NOT my normal style but I love them!!!!!

Oh and to answer OP a 13 year old is DEF old enough to watch pink - omg i remember what I was listening to at 13 and it was a LOT worse then pink - think 2livecrew and Nwa.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeForWine View Post
    Oh DSS 9 has some good taste - I dont know why but I LOVE SOAD - totally NOT my normal style but I love them!!!!!

Oh and to answer OP a 13 year old is DEF old enough to watch pink - omg i remember what I was listening to at 13 and it was a LOT worse then pink - think 2livecrew and Nwa.
    SOAD- my fave band! DD1 was rocked to sleep to them as a bub, and DD2 (11months) came with me to see them when in utero! Oh, that reminds me, my kids LOVE Nirvana, and I was leis tending to that at 13! And NWA eek! Haha!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

TimeForWine  (10-09-2013)

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shazzars View Post
    P!nk is also 34 years old. You would hope that she has grown up some. Think back to when she first broke onto the scene back in 2000 with her first album at 21 years old.

I personally wouldn't take my young daughter to a P!nk concert no matter how 'toned' down she is. Her lyrics are still inappropriate even if my daughter didn't necessarily understand then.

Don't take her then, simple really Other parents feel it's ok so leave them be I guess?

I would take DD, P!nk is an artist I would be happy for her to listen to!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    SOAD- my fave band! DD1 was rocked to sleep to them as a bub, and DD2 (11months) came with me to see them when in utero! Oh, that reminds me, my kids LOVE Nirvana, and I was leis tending to that at 13! And NWA eek! Haha!
    I was OBSESSED with Nirvana in my teenhood - still love them. My girls hear things ranging from fleetwood mac, korn, adele, that red head dude haha whats his name???, dixie chicks, pink, Bruno..... they will have a well rounded taste!

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TimeForWine For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (10-09-2013),Mokeybear  (10-09-2013)