+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default My kids are awful in the mornings

They just don't stop whinging and crying. I don't even get a chance to make myself a cup of tea let aline eat anything. If I do, it goes cold.
    They both sleep through the nights getting close to 13-14 hrs sleep.
    my 8 mth old grizzles and doesn't want to be put down (he's heavy and I hate wearing him) my 2.5 yr old cracks the ****s at everything. Even when I set up an activity she screams if something doesn't go her way.
    because they are so feral of a morning, it's hard for me to get us all out of the house.
    Every morning I wake up raising my voice at them (which i hate) and wondering why they are like this. I get we r not morning people but I'm over this!
    getting myself up earlier before them is not an option. My toddler hears me and gets up too. So I may as well keep sleeping while they do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i know how u feel!
    i have a 17mth dd, almost 3 dd and 4yr old ds.
    i get NO time to myself. i cant even hear myself think!
    in the mornings, they have brekkie together and watch peppa pig, thats my only chance to go to the dunny!
    i cant remember what a hot coffee is like!

Sent from my GT-S5830T using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsmaker For This Useful Post:

B00ts  (10-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Could they be hungry? DS1 is feral if he doesn't eat well the night before - he then won't eat breakfast and we have a vicious circle. If he eats lots of tea he wakes up happy and will go and eat breakfast happily.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I guess its just a stage and I should just roll with it. But every single morning? We do the same things every morning, nothing different, so they know what's happening. 7am ds has his bottle then cries hysterically (while I get dressed) until dd gets up. Then they both have cereal fruit and toast. then dd watches Dora while she gets dressed and I get ds dressed. The whole time they r both screaming and carrying on so half the time we don't get dressed at all.
    On weekends I let dh deal with it, but even he ends up yelling. And he is not a yeller!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    Could they be hungry? DS1 is feral if he doesn't eat well the night before - he then won't eat breakfast and we have a vicious circle. If he eats lots of tea he wakes up happy and will go and eat breakfast happily.
    They don't finish their breakfast! Dd is a little fussy come tea time but usually has something then a cup if milk and banana before bed. Ds loves his food, has a 150ml bottle before bed.
    Last edited by B00ts; 10-09-2013 at 10:31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by B00ts View Post
    I guess its just a stage and I should just roll with it. But every single morning? We do the same things every morning, nothing different, so they know what's happening. 7am ds has his bottle then cries hysterically (while I get dressed) until dd gets up. Then they both have cereal fruit and toast. then dd watches Dora while she gets dressed and I get ds dressed. The whole time they r both screaming and carrying on so half the time we don't get dressed at all.
    On weekends I let dh deal with it, but even he ends up yelling. And he is not a yeller!
    How about if you changed the routine? Could you get everything ready the night before and in the morning just get up and go somewhere? Feed them brekky in the car/pram and get them dressed when you get there?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

JumpingInPuddlesxxx  (11-09-2013),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (12-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    How about if you changed the routine? Could you get everything ready the night before and in the morning just get up and go somewhere? Feed them brekky in the car/pram and get them dressed when you get there?

i would be affraid of transfering the feralness out into public. it sounds more stressful to have to do that. Thanks for the advice though. i'll just keep ploughing through the mornings as best i can...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Could they be getting too much sleep and are over tired?

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ElleB For This Useful Post:

SpecialK  (10-09-2013),TimeForWine  (10-09-2013)

TimeForWine is offline Taking everyday one wine at a time...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ElleB View Post
    Could they be getting too much sleep and are over tired?
    I was JUST going to suggest this.

You know that feeling when you have way too much sleep and you wake up feeling really crapola??

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi boots, I found that my mood affected them enormously in the morning. So I stopped waking up grumpy, left the tv off, so no background noise, I spoke quitely, and we followed the routine. It became much easier to get everyone ready, and out the door on time. If there is anything you can do the night before, do it, make sure clothes, shoes, etc are ready. good luck, Marie.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (12-09-2013)