+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    little bubs need to be in their parents room until they are ready to move out for so many diff reasons. I think ur dp is right...u should have bub in with u for as long as he wants.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AM View Post
    I'd just keep bub in the room until Dad feels happy moving her out.

All the best
    This

Thanks
    Reviews
    SIDS recommend keeping baby in the room for a minimum of the first 12 months to reduce the risks of cot death and sids, is their a particular reason you want to move baby? Having to get up and down to another room is a pain in the bum when they feed through the night in your room it's way more convenient. I just couldn't do it I am way to paranoid sadly one of my best friends lost her 9 month old little boy to sids in may this year and that has made me even more paranoid my 14 month old still sleeps in our room.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mara86 For This Useful Post:

Mathermy  (10-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rosengold111 View Post
    Okay so I want to move my 4 month old into her own room and cot, however plDP won't let me incase she chokes or pulls the blankets up or if she cries I won't hear her, etc...
    gow can I help him get over his fear?
    http://www.sidsandkids.org/safe-sleeping/

These are the SIDS guidelines for safe sleeping. It's recommended that baby sleep in the same room for the first 6-12 months. Is there a reason she needs to be in her own room already? If not, you might consider waiting a bit? Perhaps you could meet him in the middle and wait a couple more months?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry my phone did something weird!

Deleted.
    Last edited by Lolakitty; 10-09-2013 at 05:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolakitty View Post
    Sounds like me DH! He freaks out over everything.
    I think maybe if its really what you want to do you just need to do it to show him that it will all be okay.

The monitor the ladies suggested is a great idea & of course if you read and follow the SIDS guidelines she will be safe.

Good luck

DH & I <3
    DD 2 years old
    DS born July 2013
    Lolakitty - fur baby

DH & I <3
    DD 2 years old
    DS born July 2013
    Lolakitty - fur baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    We moved Katelyn to her own room around 2-3 months, which was just across a hall from us, doors wide open, bathroom light on for easy navigation to her if she woke, the reason was because she was a noisy sleeper but sleeping through, I'd been sleeping with ear plugs in when she was in the cot next to me because she was waking me through the night while she slept peacefully... But she had a movement monitor on (a snuza halo, but there's heaps of different kinds) so when I did wake and panic because my newborn baby had just slept 6-8 hours without waking I'd remember she had a monitor and was fine.

Anglecare do sound, movement and video monitors - perhaps that would help?

Though on the other hand now she's 18 months old she's pretty much cosleeping full time so I'm totally understanding his side too. Would he feel better at 6 months?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only want to move her because I don't want her to 'realise' we are next to her, and her get used to it as I want her to be able to go into her own room by herself and go to sleep not worried about where we are, etc. I was a very clingy baby and wouldn't sleep by myself so I don't want her to go through the same thing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would probably leave it a little while longer ....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou guys! I will look into that monitor. Her room is right next to ours so I would easily hear her, but getting the monitor would out him at ease