+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I didn't want a surprise... but I only had one scan and they couldn't tell me then, so that was that.

Now, I am GLAD I didn't know. It was kind of cool not knowing until she was actually born. It makes me cringe (no idea why, it just does) when people refer to their baby by name before it's even born. I find it really weird.

It was also nice to not go overboard on clothes and such before she was born. I got a few basics, and then once she was born, I got to go out shopping WITH her and choose things that would look amazing on her and actually fit her/suit the season. It's much nicer to take your newborn in public (and have everyone stop to tell you how beautiful she is - because who doesn't want to hear that?) than it is to lug around your uncomfortable pregnant body.

I also know that if I DON'T have a boy with DP, his family will moan. They will still moan regardless, but I think they'll moan less if they find out it's not a boy (if that's the case) AFTER it's born, rather than before, because AT LEAST the women will be swept up in the "aww baby," mood for a bit.

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sounding exciting Sassy!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Found out first time and we were glad we did but this time I insisted on a surprise for something different. Am due in 3 weeks so I guess we'll know any day now anyway. We are finding it impossible to comprehend we'll have a baby soon and have zero names picked out. We don't want a "it's a boy/girl" moment but will find out in our own time/way. We both kind of think it's going to be a girl so we might be in for a shock.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app