+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I did not find out with any of my boys, I don't really know why, I just think that you aren't meant to know before the birth.

I absolutely loved the idea of just being the Mum to a little 'being' and then after all the (damn) hard work of labour, having that amazing surprise at the end of it.

I didn't decorate a nursery, all my boys co-slept, and I'm not interested in gender specific clothes for babies, so it was no big deal for me.

I also had no ultrasounds with my 3rd child, so there was no chance to find out, even if I'd wanted to.

I'd do it the same if I were ever pregnant again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We found at 20 weeks with #1

This time we want a surprise at birth, i just think it will make it even more special and exciting!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AM View Post
    I did not find out with any of my boys, I don't really know why, I just think that you aren't meant to know before the birth.

I absolutely loved the idea of just being the Mum to a little 'being' and then after all the (damn) hard work of labour, having that amazing surprise at the end of it.

I didn't decorate a nursery, all my boys co-slept, and I'm not interested in gender specific clothes for babies, so it was no big deal for me.

I also had no ultrasounds with my 3rd child, so there was no chance to find out, even if I'd wanted to.

I'd do it the same if I were ever pregnant again.
    Can i ask why u had no scans with your 3rd?

MilkingMaid is offline Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most supportive member
    Question those who don't question authority
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    With my first 2 bubs the scans I had gave false information which caused quite a lot of angst. The reading I did on U/S at the time made me decide to forgo them third time round. I in fact had a completely doctor free pregnancy, zero testing, and a doula only at the home birth. Everything went perfectly, and I enjoyed the pregnancy and birth very much, I was so relaxed, so it was the right decision at the time, not 100% sure I'd do it again though.
    Last edited by MilkingMaid; 10-09-2013 at 06:40.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AM View Post
    With my first 2 bubs the scans I had gave false information which caused quite a lot of angst. The reading I did on U/S at the time made me decide to forgo them third time round. I in fact had a completely doctor free pregnancy, zero testing, and a doula only at the birth. Everything went perfectly, and I enjoyed the pregnancy and birth very much, I was so relaxed, so it was the right decision at the time, not 100% sure I'd do it again though.
    Oh wow.

Yeah we do have alot of intervention these days, which i think in some ways causes more worry. Like for example i didnt agree to the downs syndrome testing and wont this time either.

Ultrasounds havent been around for that long really.

Before then tough luck if u wanted to find out the sex.

I admire what u did, not easy in this day and age

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SoThisIsLove For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (10-09-2013),MilkingMaid  (10-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How do you ladies do it???? I simply can't wait 9 months to know lol. We were keen to find out at our 20 week scan with DS but he was being sneaky and hiding his bits. We had to wait until 26 weeks to confirm he was a he.
    Now 20 weeks with #2 and we just found out last week it's a little girl.
    I figure, you get the surprise part when you actually have the baby anyway, so for me, finding out half way is that little excitement to keep me going :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wanted to add we found out for the 3rd because he was such a surprise it took me a good 5 months to feel happy about the situation. I thought finding out what the sex was would help me bond a bit more. Also to prepare the kids.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile appi

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I didn't find out with either of my boys - I loved the surprise! I felt a bit like pregnancy is so monitored, you're contantly being poked, proded, jabbed and tested and everything is a bit 'controlled'. I liked that there was going to be one surprise at the end, the anticipation was exciting.

I found it a bit difficult to 'bond' with bub at the start of my second pregnancy and considered finding out gender in the hope that might help the bonding process, but DH didn't want to know, so we agreed to keep it a surprise and it was a really special moment when bub was passed to me and we found out he was a beautiful little boy!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Every time someone mentions that moment at the birth when someone says "it's a boy/girl!" I get all choked up. That's why I like the surprise

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (10-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lisas854 View Post
    How do you ladies do it???? I simply can't wait 9 months to know lol. We were keen to find out at our 20 week scan with DS but he was being sneaky and hiding his bits. We had to wait until 26 weeks to confirm he was a he.
    Now 20 weeks with #2 and we just found out last week it's a little girl.
    I figure, you get the surprise part when you actually have the baby anyway, so for me, finding out half way is that little excitement to keep me going :-)
    Congrats on your little girl! I totally understand your reasons. In my case it takes us so long to just get pregnant in the first place that most of the fun and excitement gets sucked out of that part of it, so it's fun to have that surprise!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (10-09-2013)