+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Of course you can! You can do it! Your body is amazing, and you've birthed before, so you know you can relax and trust your body to do its thing again!

I had two drug free births, and I felt the same way you do, don't know why the doubt crept in second time around, but it did. In the end, it was easy, I had no reason to doubt. You won't either!

(And if you do have drugs, then that's fine too.)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You go girl! You can do it! Just go with it & relax your body knows what to do, all the best.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the encouragement. I guess nerves are beginning to set in as I'm due next week and beginning to remember just how painful it was first time around!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    You can do it! Especially if you're expecting it to be quick. Just keep telling yourself it'll all be over very soon!

My first was drug free, not really planned that way, but it was too quick for any pain relief. So the second I planned to not use pain relief drugs, and it was totally do-able. Then my third I planned totally drug free (no induction, pain relief, or managed third stage), and that was the best birth yet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Star Light View Post
    Of course you can! But in saying that, don't feel bad if you end up having pain relief. Just do what feels right at the time - every labour can be so different after all. Good luck! Oh and don't forget there are always things like gas and air, pethidine etc you could try first if you wanted to.
    Agree.

With ds1 I had no pain relief. I really wanted to do that again with ds2 but made sure I was mentally ok if I wasn't able to. I ended up using the gas but it's all good.

Good luck!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can do it!!! I remember getting really, really nervous about labour with DS2 (moreso than with DS1, because I didn't know what to expect!). I had a pretty short, drug-free labour with DS1, but the closer I got to EDD the more worried I got about if I could do it again (and was open to pain relief if need be).

Well, DS2's labour was sooooooo much easier (and quicker) than DS1. Contractions were nowhere near as painful and the pushing phase was heaps, heaps shorter (he was accidentally born at home he came that quick). Your body has been there before, it knows what to do, and is more efficient at doing it - good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I felt nervous the second time around just like you are. I think it was because I knew what it was all about! I just kept my thoughts positive, kept reaffirming to myself that I'd done it once and that I could do it again. I had a beautiful second birth and I'm sure you will too. All the best x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes you can! But it doesn't matter if you don't!

The midwife asked me about my birth plan for this one, no 3, my past 2 were drug free. I said I don't have one...she was gob smacked. I said we will just see how things go, if I need gas I will ask, if I want more I will ask. If I want to hop in the shower I will if I want a TENS machine I will ask.

Every labor is different. Best of luck!!! It will all be over soon!!!