+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Caught- my grad or DS award?

I think I might have a bit of a dilemna.

My graduation ceremony is scheduled for 20th December approx 2hrs away! It's been the culmination of 7years of study- I've sacrificed a lot to study, but so has DS. Often spending weekends cooped up at home while I do assignments/study.

The thing is, I have a sneaky suspicion that DS is in line to get the Academic Achievement award this year. It's a big honor and something that DS (and myself at times) have worked really hard for. What date is the award ceremony likely to be on? The 20th December!

What to do, what to do! Which would you choose? What would you do? I'm a single parent so there is no other parent to go to his award ceremony leaving me free to go to my grad ceremony.

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I would ring the school explain the issues and ask when and where and what time the awards are likely to be. You never know unless they might be able to shudele it the next day or they may be at different times.

Eg. My niece grad was at 1 pm (finished by 5pm) and my dd awards were 7pm that night.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

SimplyMum  (09-09-2013)

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Check with your uni as well about the date, I know there were about a week of graduations when I was at uni and I think if u gave them plenty of warning, you'd be able to join the grad ceremony on a different day.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

Lauzy83  (09-09-2013),LoveLivesHere  (09-09-2013),SimplyMum  (09-09-2013)

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I didnt go to my own graduation and the only thing I regret is that I don't have a photo in a gown, but you can get them done later at most unis (they generally have a photographer who has the gowns in their studio that you can put on for a photo).
    Uni graduations are notoriously boring, there will be hundreds of people to sit through and your moment only lasts for a second. DH jus finished his post-grad and we didnt go to his either.

So I would go to your child's award ceremony.