+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How do you make new friends?

I am looking for ideas on how to meet new people, make new friends. I have social anxiety and general anxiety issues, so i find it a bit hard. I have joined a couple of playgroups which are great, and ds is at kinder but, sadly, the kinder mums are not so friendly. I was trying to find a walking group to join, but I think they're all for retirees around here!
    How do you make new friends? Any ideas for me?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It is hard making new friends! Can you invite the playgroup mums over for a play date etc? I find it hard making new friends!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SummerFun For This Useful Post:

javic  (09-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I have the same anxiety issues as you. Tbh I've completely given up on the notion of forming friendships. It's not something I actively seek out any more but if it happens I would be stoked.

When I was seeing a psychologist she suggested joining a group for anxiety sufferers. Ironically just thinking about it made my anxiety levels spike..lol
    Would it be something you are interested in?

Otherwise I think it all comes down to playgroups, school mums, sports, church groups, work, etc and making friends that way.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

javic  (09-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Why don't you check out the site meetup? It has all sorts of social groups on there, I'm in a single parent one and I love it! There is actually a social group for one for people with social anxiety on there! I'm in Perth though, why don't you check out your area? Super easy to make friends because the people who join just want to make friends too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The way I made real friends was by making a facebook group for local mums. It has been a massive success, not only for me but for a huge amount of other mums in the group too.
    Perhaps try something like that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its hard for me to invite people over as well, because my hubby works from home. It's just a bit awkward.
    I'm glad I'm not alone in finding it hard though. I've made friends here and there but then we've moved, or they've moved and I have to start over again. I just want that one best friend who I can call on whenever I feel lonely. So hard to find that i think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You call out to bub hub and see if anyone on here is near you ... you would have something in common and go from there

I am a people person ... love people and can talk to anyone - I'm one of the lucky

Friends are usually made from the following

Family
    Work
    Church
    School, kindy etc
    Sporting groups
    Social interest groups (physical or online)

sometimes you might make friends from an incidental meeting. If you want to make friends you really need to get involved with something.

Im in Jerilderie, southern NSW

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art