+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Mod-Myztik is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    My April Fools baby
    Winner 2009- Biggest Post-Awards Whinger
    Winner 2010- Biggest Computer Nerd

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Welcome cheeeesecake

Feeling really good atm and needed to share! I've recently quit smoking after smoking for 15yrs and have started at the gym and been quite happy with myself in regards to my fitness level increasing. Before I would go to the gym and have to stop working out because I couldn't breathe. Now I stop because my legs/arms hurt but am not a gasping mess in the corner.
    Anyway. I decided to go for a bike ride just before to see how different it was from last time I went (before I quit so 4mnths ago). I rode 4.4km!! So proud of myself!

*the bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztik View Post
    Welcome cheeeesecake

Feeling really good atm and needed to share! I've recently quit smoking after smoking for 15yrs and have started at the gym and been quite happy with myself in regards to my fitness level increasing. Before I would go to the gym and have to stop working out because I couldn't breathe. Now I stop because my legs/arms hurt but am not a gasping mess in the corner.
    Anyway. I decided to go for a bike ride just before to see how different it was from last time I went (before I quit so 4mnths ago). I rode 4.4km!! So proud of myself!

*the bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal*
    That's so awesome, you should be so proud!!

My April Fools baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Thanks FlipFlop

Also managed to eat well all day today too so I'm a bit more motivated to stick with the shakes now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the tip for myfitnesspal - Im loving it!! Really helps to keep track of things..I was keeping a food diary, but this makes it so much easier with the counting calories.

Also, as it is school hols, we have had a fair bit on during the day, so having the lunch shake is a bit anti-social..but I have been able to make healthy choices (omlette for lunch today, without toast, at a cafe) and still have some idea of how many calories I have consumed...make me feel more in control and also makes me feel a bit more accountable (which is rather dumb, as I could "cheat" big time and no-one would know!)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaybaby For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (01-10-2013)

My April Fools baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol totally agree that myfitnesspal keeps you in check. It's like the app will know if you cheat!

How has everyone's day been?

I've had another good day. Breakfast and lunch shakes done and chicken soup for dinner. Snacks have been healthy too. Spent 5hrs walking around the zoo which burnt 1052 calories my feet hurt though lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning!! How are we all today? I'm feeling better although not 100% but ready to exercise again. I've been eating well, but haven't been eating much as I've had no appetite with this sickness.

How are you all going today? How was yesterday? It was a bit quiet in here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Blergghhhh! I broke my bike well DH did but still.
    Gotta get a new one and quick smart otherwise I will loose motivation to keep working out I can feel the motivation slipping away.
    Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

Otherwise diet wise its been fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

hope everyone has had a good week!

Tuesday morning is my weigh in day, only lost .5 the first week, I was hoping for 1kg. But at least I went down! Current weigh is 67.5, my goal is 60 kgs.

Have decided to start mixing the optislim with water instead of low fat milk - doesn't taste as nice! Myztik - I was mixing with 250mls as well, thanks! Oh and well done stopping smoking, after 15 years you must be really proud of yourself!

MMMum - b*gger about your bike! Is it fixable?

Lovely sunny day here so we are going to walk to the park - about a 20 minute walk, but with a 5 year old in tow it takes longer! Very tempting to drive, but I know it will be good for me to walk (but the devil on my shoulder keeps saying how much easier it will be to drive!!!)

I find eating well and less during the day is quite easy, but after the kids have gone to bed I am so tempted to eat things I shouldn't! Last night I did some steps ups in front of the telly for about 1/2 hour and drank heaps of water. Helped keep my mind of snacking!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpottySocks For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (03-10-2013),MonsterMoosMum  (03-10-2013)

My April Fools baby

Thanks
    Reviews
    MMM hope you get the bike sorted soon! How annoying.

I've gone back to mixing the optislim with water too and today I threw in some ice cubes as it's quite warm and found it was a bit nicer being ice cold.

Just walked to the shops and back with the kids. Took an hour but burnt over 400 calories so gotta be happy with that. It's a walk I used to hate when I still smoked but found it easy today.

Just had a glass of diet vanilla coke (bought as an ingredient for dinner lol) and it's the first soft drink I've had in about 5weeks. Omg it was soooo good!

Last edited by Mod-Myztik; 03-10-2013 at 13:25.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Myztik For This Useful Post:

MonsterMoosMum  (03-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No it was completely buggered. Don't ask me how DH did it but he did. But I just got back from buying a new one. All fancy like.

I'm about to set out on another 5km walk.

Will pop back tomorrow for weigh in.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MonsterMoosMum For This Useful Post:

Mod-Myztik  (03-10-2013)