+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Is the window double glazed? You can get magnetic double glazing panels to fit most windows that you can pop on yourself, might be worth a shot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If they are loud enough at 5:30am to wake him up then they could be considered a noise nuisance and you could make a complaint.

I know with ours if we put a cover over his cage he still thinks it's dark so won't start making noise until we uncover him. If we forget to cover his cage he'll start squawking as soon as the sun comes up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Unless you can move your child to another room you will have to put up with it and your child will have to learn to sleep through it. I personally love the sound of the many birds first thing in the morning. It would be a bit over the top to complain to the council over such a matter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DarcyJ View Post
    If they are loud enough at 5:30am to wake him up then they could be considered a noise nuisance and you could make a complaint.

I know with ours if we put a cover over his cage he still thinks it's dark so won't start making noise until we uncover him. If we forget to cover his cage he'll start squawking as soon as the sun comes up.
    but don't most birds wake around 5.30am? even uncaged ones?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DarcyJ View Post

Depending on the size of the aviary, covering it would be unrealistic. All birds wake up with the sun, its instinct. Its the best time for feeding when they can get the dew, its not too hot and less predators are awake. Complaining to the council wont do much more than cause problems between you and the neighbours. I would move your son into his new room and if you are very frustrated, talk to them to see if they can work something out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Only if they see the sunlight, our budgies are quiet until we uncover them.

OP, maybe you can talk to them? I know if my neighbours had a problem with my budgies, I would like to know if I can help sort it nicely

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a DVD player in our kids room and sometimes it just goes all night. I would think your toddler may eventually get used to it.

could you play some bird music all night and then in the morning it is sorta similar

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    but don't most birds wake around 5.30am? even uncaged ones?
    Mine doesn't no idea about what other people's do.

I know making a complaint might seem OTT but if my sleep was being constantly disrupted I'd be pretty pee'd off. It is against the law to keep noisy animals in a residential area and it is the responsibility of the owner to make sure that their animals don't disturb their neighbours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mama and her little bear View Post
    Not true, my neighbours truck would wake my now 3 yo, it's not a particularly loud truck he was just a light sleeper and that particular noise woke him every time.

It was frustrating but it's part of living near someone.
    Yes but I assume that he would leave in his truck in the morning and that would be it, while I would imagine birds would be making continuous noise. The definition of 'nuisance noise' is that it lasts longer than half an hour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It sounds like maybe moving bedrooms would be the best option IMO.