+ Reply to Thread
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default family friendly job or mentally stimulating new job???....

hi all

im sitting here with a serious case of Monday itis ....(clearly by logging in to bubhub at work)....im just so bored with my job....its in the public system so im lucky that i can work part time (currently three days per week) and thats flexible due to having kids but it doesnt change the fact that im increasingly bored with this job ive been in for over 7 years now.....job is the same, not much flexibility to do anything else in the role...i feel braindead here now and worry about losing skills / not developing new skills...and the travel (which is over an hour by car)... i have looked and even rang up for a few jobs but they are all full time and dont want a part timer....im starting to think i might be stuck in this job until i work full time again...which i dont want to til my kids are in kindy....so that another 3 or 4 years ....so i feel like i stay here simply cos its family friendly while im slowly getting lazier and more bored on a daily basis....i know lots of mums probably in the same boat but ive only been back at work 6 months and im so incredibly bored that i dont know if i will last another few years here....

anyone can sympathise??? or anyone just taken on a new job cos they were bored and regretted it or not regrettted it? how did u cope with the boredom?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jfblady72 For This Useful Post:

kw123  (12-09-2013)

Boredom is a killer for a job and keeping your enthusiasm going. I have been with the same company for 10 years various roles but in this one for nearly 4years. The only way that I keep my sanity is by doing external short courses to upskill and keep my mind challenged with assignments. I also have approached my boss about development programs and he is assisting me with a career plan and giving me the opportunity to learn his role...keep me interested. So maybe those could be a couple of options for you -
    Study or approaching your boss for development opportunities.

Otherwise just keep looking until you find something perfect and you don't want to compromise on what you want for your kids and family.

Good luck!

Gold Coast
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm trying to find something I would be interested in doing job wise. I have admin, travel consultant and childcare experience but I'm over them and wanting something different. So I'm looking into something else, also looking at courses I could do.

Is there anyways you could study something even if nothing to do with your job now??