+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Is there such a thing as....

Someone you can pay to take care of your finances??? We suck so badly and I would live it to be taken out of our hands! We earn plenty for 8 out of 12 months a year and should have something to show for it and should not be broke week to week for the four months I don't work.

Self control, I know...severely lacking and it actually causes me a lot of stress.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My Nana has a financial advisor who is in control of her finances. She's not out of it or anything but my Grandad wanted to make sure what he had earned for her (millions) would be safe and controlled so she, her daughters and us grandchildren wouldn't be left with nothing after a few years after he died.

Of course she's allowed to take money out, go grocery shopping etc on her own but if she wants anything large money wise or needs to take money out of the savings account in NZ (she lives off the interest atm) then she had to go through him.

Long story short they do exist!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to callmedragon22 For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (08-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I don't but there are services like this

This service takes money out of your pay every week/fn/month. Then it pays the bills as they come.

http://www.qccu.com.au/billpaying-service

And set up some internet saving acc, that is not link to a key card. Have money automatically going before your pay hits your bank.

I would suggest more than one.

*Set one as emergency saving
    * fun savings (eg for a new couch/holiday etc)
    * Main savings

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have this problem too. I am totally terrible with money and it stems from living with my head in the clouds (in my case). We earn ok money although I don't work at the moment (mat leave). I don't get budgets because things always seem to pop up, eg car brakes down, ceiling needs fixing etc Someone once recommended a book 'your money or your life'. Not sure what it is like. I also seem to forget how much things cost like how much the mortgage is. It is embarrassing actually.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We have a financial advisor who controls all our money. All my husband's pay goes into a savings account, and each week we both get a set 'allowance'- mine for food, petrol, kids stuff, clothes, whatever we need for the kids and myself, and his is just for him and his petrol. Anything bigger we get him to transfer the money across. Bills are all direct debited.

It can be annoying if we need a large amount of money quickly and need to get onto him, wait a day for it to transfer etc, but it works well overall as my husband is really bad with money, and if I had access to the money we'd just argue about it.

We obviously have a LOT of trust in this man, and has become quite a good family friend over the last couple of years.

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes, you can appoint a trustee to do it for you. You can nominate how much control they have. There is the public trustee but also private companies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok cool. Thanks guys. Will check out these options.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Suggestion

Hi there I'd highly recommend services like my budget. We went with them years ago as we are crap at saving and although yes you do pay a fee weekly the amount seems small next to the time you save managing money, the reduction of stress and the ability to save and have something to show for your hard earned dollars.

They do charge establishment fees but once that's done and your up and running its great!! We can see a year ahead how we'll be for savings and surplus and every single bill is accounted for! Anyway, this is not a paid advertisement for them!! I'm just a happy client!