+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We got married in Fiji have been back once since & are booked to go back again later this month... Always at the Warwick Fiji Resort. (We have also been to the Warwick in Vanuatu & loved it just as much. Prices were similar.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We went in January... And stayed in the Sheraton

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We honeymooned in Fiji last year and stayed at the Westin on Denarau.

I haven't read the other replies yet but I'll come back to write more when I get home.

We had an amazing time.

Angel Baby ~Skye~ 21/11/2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would highly recommend the outrigger on the lagoon on the mainland! I loved it there! Amazing staff, good food, great cocktails and a really nice atmosphere but I think you have to do trips out to the islands! The beaches on the mainland aren't great! There is also a fair bit on travel time on te mainland - about an hour to hour and a half to the resorts from the airport! We've done loads of beach/resort holidays and Fiji is still out favorite! Love the people!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yes and I would love to go back. We stayed at the Sheraton so not cheap but so, so awesome and a little eye opening.

I would love to go and live amongst the villagers and show the kids a totally
    Different life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok got another couple of minutes to add more of my two cents!!

So as I mentioned above, we went for our honeymoon in April/May and at that time it was amazing! We went for two full weeks and during that time it only rained one day. There weren't too many kids there at that time either. Weather was high 20s and I liked Denarau as, a pp also mentioned, you have access to all of the other resorts there too including their pools, bars and restaurants (Sheraton, Hilton, Sofitel, etc). And it can be all walked or bused.

We went again this June for a long weekend for a friends wedding and stayed in the Sofitel as it is the cheaper out of the lot. I found I liked the room at the Westin better, but the bathroom at the Sofitel.

All Fijian people are lovely and very laid back.

As for activities, this is where we found it can be costly. We only did three day trips out. One was a trip out to South Sea Island, which was free as we sat in on a timeshare like seminar... South Sea Island is a tiny island with a bunch of activities to do, submarine ride, snorkeling, volleyball, sun baking, etc and we had a traditional Fijian BBQ for lunch(this was the day it rained so we cut the day short and went home after our lunch rather than stay there all day). We also got a taxi driver for a day who took us into Nadi to a shop to buy some momento's, to the garden of the sleeping giant and to a hot springs place. I don't recommend the garden unless you are into looking at flora and fauna. The best experience in my kind is the one we did to Sigatoka. We went there, jet boat ride down the river, then spent half a day with some villagers. This was amazing, to see how they live, and what they do each day. I must say this was quite expensive, but so totally worth it!!!

Anyways. I hope that helps. ☺

Angel Baby ~Skye~ 21/11/2012

Thanks
    Reviews
    We honeymooned in Fiji. 5 nights at Warwick and 5 nights at Tokoriki Island. The Warwick was very nice, great staff, really nice room etc. They have a swim up bar there. There were quite a few families but that didn't worry us too much.
    Going across to Tokoriki though, wow! It was a child free island and the beach front bures were amazing. It is more expensive and didn't have a swim up bar but if we were to go back to Fiji, I think both hubby and I would both definitely want to stay there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another who honeymooned in Fiji!
    Spent 5 nights at Navutu Stars- amazing food, personal service, no kids! The further you are from the mainland the better the beaches are- Navutu is 4 hours in the boat or 20 min seaplane- we did both.
    We then spent a few nights further up staying at Matacawalevu village - obviously rustic, eat all your meals with the family and directly across from where they filmed "the blue lagoon".
    We then did nights at the Shangri La which was a step back into civilization! Big resort stacks of kids and like most of the resorts on the mainland- slightly Fijian but really could be holidaying anywhere.
    Hope you find your perfect location
    Oh Mana Island has always appealed to me for cheaper accommodation close to the mainland and gorgeous beaches.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Guys!!