+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone been to FIJI?

Off topic,So admin move if you have to, but has anyone been to Fiji? if so where did you stay what did you do, etc?
    Planning on a honeymoon there but don't know where is best as internet sites are misleading!
    Just the two of us going, bub Wil be staying home

Looking for cheapish good quality accommodation, swim up bars, etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I wouldn't recommend the Shangri La for a honeymoon, it is gorgeous but it is overrun by kids as they stay and eat free.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi yep I lived in Fiji for nearly three years it's a beautiful place lots to see and do. Really depends what you want I gain out of your holiday, like more relaxation or touristy adventurous your best bet would be to go and speak to a travel agent about it. If your own a particular budget they will be able to help you find a beautiful place to stay without having to spend ridiculous amounts of money, I personally love Nandi.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We honeymooned there. My personal opinion is to stay away from the mainland and head out to one of the islands. It's a little bit more expensive but totally worth it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We went for our honeymoon in 2009 and fell in love! Stayed at castaway island which was amazing. Very relaxing, no TVs, amazing food, bures on the beach - practically walk out your door 10mtrs and can snorkel in the ocean. Then we flew in a free helicopter to The Outrigger which was also lovely but a lot more commercial. Very nice but not as friendly. Awesome Spa facility and a 5 star restaurant which was amazing. And the food in the main area was awesome too. Recommended to pay for your meals beforehand

At Castaway Island we snorkled, scuba dived, canoed, walked on the beach, bush walked, ate and relaxed. (Many more activities available like paragliding, jet skiing etc)

At Outrigger we had awesome massages ate amazing food and relaxed. We went on one bus trip through town to go zip lining (you absolutely HAVE to do this! So amazing) but there are so many more activities available from here. They have a booking centre here that help you sort all this out. (Eg white water rafting, visiting villages etc)

Both highly recommended, both different be prepared to eat a lot!
    Last edited by Kleep81; 08-09-2013 at 13:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mara86 View Post
    Hi yep I lived in Fiji for nearly three years it's a beautiful place lots to see and do. Really depends what you want I gain out of your holiday, like more relaxation or touristy adventurous your best bet would be to go and speak to a travel agent about it. If your own a particular budget they will be able to help you find a beautiful place to stay without having to spend ridiculous amounts of money, I personally love Nandi.
    ^^ this, definitely seek out an agent, they'll help with travel in between locations etc, give you a full itinerary. Saves freaking out when you are in a new country

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DH and I went to Lomani Island for our honeymoon in January this year. It was amazing (and kid free)! What month are you going? We went in wet season but we were so lucky to have 6/7 days of good weather. On the rainy day we enjoyed massages and time in the pool. We were taken out to a different snorkeling spot every day. There were a few dolphin safaris during our stay there (but we weren't lucky enough to spot any). The staff were amazing and so friendly. You can get the chance to visit the local villages and be a part of their kava ceremony.

If I went there again I would make sure to get a beach front bure. Much more privacy. Although all the suites were lovely as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been 3 times and stayed at different places but I recommend staying on Denarau Island. All the resorts there are gorgeous, you can catch the bula bus from your resort and go check out the other resorts as well on the island as it stops at all the resorts and runs very frequently, you are 5 mins away from the marina which will take you out to the outer islands for the crystal blue waters and white sand and a short taxi ride from both the airport and Nadi.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Def spend time on an island if you can. We got married on Malolo and have been to castaway too and loved it. Both have kid free areas too.
    Wherever you go you'll love it - Fijians are beautiful people

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing.. Trying to plan a trip to Fiji atm.