+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes, I do believe it should be compulsory. Your choice is whether you vote correctly or not, and so many people don't vote correctly and then complain that they dislike how the country is being run. I think it's the only way to ensure everyone has had their say and that the Government is in because the majority of citizens wanted them to be. I'm not explaining myself very well, but my answer is yes. 😃

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myztiks#1Fan View Post
    If it wasnt compulsory, i wouldnt of voted yesterday as i would of preferred to sleep as i did a night shift on friday night and was so tired come the time i finished on saturday morning.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    You could have voted early or done a postal vote there are options available

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I don't think so. I was standing in the line yesterday and the middle aged man in front of me said, "I'm voting Abbot to see more of his hot daughters".

So yeah if you don't care, don't vote.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree that it should be compulsory - I know a lot of people who wouldn't vote unless they had to when they were younger but now as adults with responsibilities they take somewhat of an interest in how they vote. I don't believe they would gain an interest if they didn't have to show up every year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've always thought it should be voluntary. There's too many people who have no idea or are just not interested. I just don't see the point in forcing those people to vote. If its voluntary then people might start to see it more as a privilege and take more of an interest. If not, then at least the people who have a clue are voting while those who don't dont vote randomly, which is so utterly pointless.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think kids should be taught in school from a young age HOW our parliamentary system is set up, how and why policies are shaped, how laws are passed or abolished, and how the preferential system of voting works.

I learned in high school in an elective subject. And i am surrounded by friends and family who never learned how it works and still have no idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Crow View Post
    I think kids should be taught in school from a young age HOW our parliamentary system is set up, how and why policies are shaped, how laws are passed or abolished, and how the preferential system of voting works.

I learned in high school in an elective subject. And i am surrounded by friends and family who never learned how it works and still have no idea.
    I think this is very true. I was taught, but a lot of my friends obviously weren't - one votes Greens as its her favourite colour and apparently politics doesn't effect her!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I'm not 100% either way... but I'm SLIGHTLY leaning more towards it not being compulsory, only because I think when people who know NOTHING and DO NOT CARE about politics one iota we end up with results like yesterday.

If people want to whinge that they're not happy with the election outcome though, they need to vote, and they need to make sure they know what they're voting for.

I also think it should be compulsory to vote below the line tbh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it should be. Why wouldn't you do something so important for yourself and the country you live in? Ill never understand no- voters.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaJez For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (08-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Crow View Post

I'm pretty sure we learnt all this in social studies in year 9. It was a compulsory class

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaJez For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (08-09-2013)