+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's a solid machine, not lightweight but easy to use. You only need to fill the water tank once to do the whole house. Plus you liftoff the tank and use the hose with the accessories to do other cleaning. But it doesn't over wet the floor (if you use it correctly) so it dries pretty quick. No warping if the floors are sealed timber.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to WiseOldOwl For This Useful Post:

B00ts  (09-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just bought a Phillips Steam Plus 2-in-1 from Target. 2-in-1 because it has both a sweep and mop function. I think it's usually $239 but I got it 50% off during a sale (now ended) I am really happy with it so far, I find the sweep function handy and the steam just does a great job. The floor seems to dry a lot quicker than with other mops I've used in the past. I've been through quite a few steam mops and this is my favorite.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bitterpure For This Useful Post:

B00ts  (09-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldOwl View Post
    It's a solid machine, not lightweight but easy to use. You only need to fill the water tank once to do the whole house. Plus you liftoff the tank and use the hose with the accessories to do other cleaning. But it doesn't over wet the floor (if you use it correctly) so it dries pretty quick. No warping if the floors are sealed timber.
    Do you mind me asking how much you paid for it. Would you think triangular head is essential? can you get spare pads easily?

Thanks
    Reviews
    does anyone have the "shark" brand? what do you think? price?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I purchased it from the good guys for about $300 from memory. They sell the replacement pads and stuff too if you need them. Other than that you just use distilled water from coles (it's only $2) for 2 litres and lasts ages. I always tip the water that's left in the tank back into the bottle. This one doesn't have a carpet attachment. The triangular head is better for getting into the corners I guess but it's not a big deal for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by WiseOldOwl View Post
    I purchased it from the good guys for about $300 from memory. They sell the replacement pads and stuff too if you need them. Other than that you just use distilled water from coles (it's only $2) for 2 litres and lasts ages. I always tip the water that's left in the tank back into the bottle. This one doesn't have a carpet attachment. The triangular head is better for getting into the corners I guess but it's not a big deal for me.
    Could you use boiled (cooled) kettle water? Why does it need to be distilled water?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by B00ts View Post
    Anyone have a h2o steam mop? Is it one of the good ones?
    I have a h20. Love it except ummmmmm I have cream carpet next to the kitchen, sooo bad with kids! Got sick of how grubby it was, tried the mop...well it wasnt removing anything cause with the carpet glider the mop doesnt actually come in contact with the carpet. So, I ditched the carpet glider thing and it was doing awesome...till I snapped the kinda flimsy handle from the extra force. Nice one! :-/ but loved it on my tiles before I broke the handle

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    we have tiles in wet areas and floating floorboards in kitchen area. :/ i thought floating floors were designed to keep water out? we havent had buckling of any kind with normal mopping?
    Are the other attatchments that come with some of the brands any good? like the steam wand that can clean ur sinks/windows/ect....is it really easier?
    Thanks for the advice.
    re sinks-Well not really. The bulkiness and awkwardness as opposed to a chux...wundows- I find enjo stuff esp the "miracles" the easiest and best. Awesome on mirrors.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by Smurfberrylizard; 09-09-2013 at 23:39.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could you use boiled (cooled) kettle water? Why does it need to be distilled water?
    Not sure. They say distilled.