+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    When u elect cesarian, do they do it on the due date? Of before?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by townsvillenat View Post
    When u elect cesarian, do they do it on the due date? Of before?

Most drs like to wait until 39 weeks now. But a lot will do from 38 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have had 2 elective c sections. I did not want to have a natural birth.

Obstetrician would only schedule it after 39 weeks gestation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Was your pain managed well afterwards? And obviously it would have been a quicker birth then natural birth? Booking in then surgery about hour or so then babies born?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Was your pain managed well afterwards? And obviously it would have been a quicker birth then natural birth? Booking in then surgery about hour or so then babies born?

Everything depends on situation. Your pain might be different than others, I have been fine with panadol.
    As for quicker. If emergencies come in yours will get pushed back. Sometimes you will get sent home to go back the next day.

Sent from my LT15i using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews

I was booked in for an 8am surgery. Arrived at hospital at 6am to be prepped, went into theatre at 8.10, had my epidural inserted and DD was born at 8.30am. They have told me that if an emergency comes in you keep getting bumped down the list though.

My epidural was left in for 24hrs so I could self administer morphine as needed. After that I could take tramadol, I think I only used it on day 2 and after that I found panadol and nurofen was plenty. But everyone handles pain differently. But you do get the hardcore stuff for the first day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was booked for an elective c-section with DS due to spinal damage, but ended up having to have an emergency c-section as I developed HELLP syndrome. Recovery was pretty quick, I was up & walking around the next morning, showered & dried myself without help and felt pretty good.

Pain relief was monitored well for the c-section, I was on a morphine pump for the first 24hrs. Then my usual pain medications that I used for my back.

I'm opting for a c-section this time as well as my spine has gotten worse. The only thing I hope that is different this time is that I am able to have a epidural or spinal instead of the general anaesthetic. I wasn't allowed to have a epi with DS because of the HELLP syndrome.

To be totally honest giving birth naturally seriously scares me and I think, even if I didn't have a medical reason for a c-section I still would have opted for one.

When I went to my pre-admission meeting at the hospital the only one who knew the reason for my c-section was the ob, none of the nurses asked why I was planning a elective c-section. Same when I was in the hospital no-one asked why I'd had a c-section & none of my paperwork said "emergency c-section".

I really hope you get the birth that you want & if anyone asks why you want a c-section just say "it's personal & I don't want to talk about it." That way no-one will know unless you choose to tell them.

Thanks
    Reviews

I was booked in for my c section at 8. I went into the hospital at 6 to get ready...I went in at 8:15am and my son was born at 8:46am and I was back up in my room by 9:20am. I had a spinal so I had pain relief for 24 hours. Honestly I found the pain fine. The next day was pretty excruciating getting up for the first time but after you got moving it was fine! I took every drug offered to me. I had suppositories 12 hourly which helped and then I just had Panadol on top of that! I stayed in hospital for 5 days and my pain was fine when I came home. For the first two weeks I was tender and sore but I only took Panadol and by the end of week three I was totally pain free!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like a good option to me I think ill speak to my ob...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like a good option to me I think ill speak to my ob...

If you have any other questions feel tree to pm me

11. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsboyts For This Useful Post:

townsvillenat  (08-09-2013)