+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I had one with my second birth, after a 3rd degree tear after my first birth and loads of subsequent research. No regrets but it was hard with a 21 month old to look after too.

Sent from my HTC One X

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also had an elective c-section.. I advised my OB as well and she wanted to know why..
    My reasons were that i didn't want to have a v-birth and wanted to avoid the trauma for me and baby..
    I was happy with my c-section apart from the fact that my OB used forceps to pull my DD out... DD was fine but the bruising caused by the forceps to me internally was very painful.. I couldn't recover easily as the other c-section mums..
    I also had an infection internally under the cut.. Antibiotics for 2 weeks cured it..
    Other than that all was fine..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoseBetweenTheThorns View Post
    This is why I refuse all painkillers and only have panadol, which I am perfectly fine with. My first 2 c-sec I was really sick during and after. Last 2 were great.

Sent from my LT15i using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Yep, next time I will be doing this for sure! Would prefer to have more pain than be up to my eyeballs in painkillers and barely able to speak or eat! It was awful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Would I be a bad person if I elected a cesarian? Because I dont want a vaginal birth after all the research and classes I've done? Can my ob deny my request for elective cesarian?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Both my boys were born via c section. First was elective due to medical reasons (placenta praevia so I didn't get a choice). 2nd time round I chose a c section as it was what I knew and it made it easier to plan for when my husband came home (he works away and I didn't want him to miss the birth).

I had positive experiences both times (first time not quite so much because of the PP).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by townsvillenat View Post
    Can my ob deny my request for elective cesarian?
    Well you can't force a doctor to perform major abdominal surgery on you.....

If you go private, most are happy to perform one for social/personal reasons, public system very low chance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MillieMollyMandy View Post
    Yep, next time I will be doing this for sure! Would prefer to have more pain than be up to my eyeballs in painkillers and barely able to speak or eat! It was awful
    I highly recommend you do, and I wasn't it anymore pain the the ones where I was doped up either. So makes me wonder....

Sent from my LT15i using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RoseBetweenTheThorns For This Useful Post:

MillieMollyMandy  (08-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think how you give birth makes you a 'good person' or a 'bad person', and after you've had your baby no one will care anyway! But as PP says unless you have PHI you will have a hard time getting an elective c section in public system.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had an elective c section and loved it! I ttc for a long time and I suffered terrible anxiety. My on suggested that I have the c section as I was able to know exactly what was going to happen! Wouldn't have changed it for a thing

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have private health cover, im unsure of labor the thought scares me to much, knowing that sometimes its hard to get an anethietis to do an epidural scares me, as I would want ro be comfortable not in pain. So if its easier to jave a cesarian then I think thats a big option for me. Just hope nurses and others dont look down on me for my choice of birth plan if I went through with cesarian. ... and then the recover is extended aswel...

Sent from my GT-N7105 using The Bub Hub mobile app