+ Reply to Thread
    MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Long Day Care or Occasional Care ?

Just wondering if anyone has used both and what the main difference.is ?

Backgroud:
    I need some help in deciding before I go back to work next year. But ill only being going back 2 days a week. So need care for DD for 2 days.
    DH work shifts. So get does 5 days work then gets 5 days off..on a rotating roster so its different days every week.
    I thought occasional care because then DH can look after DD sometimes on days off or she can go in care or i will be home. Either way i only wanted to have her in care if both of us were at work.
    On the other hand I thought Long day care would be good because of routine. But it means if DH is home and he wants to look after her, we would still have to pay for days DD isnt in care.
    Help please ! What option would be best for our situation ?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I looked into occasional care once, the centre I spoke to told me that I could not rely on them having a place, just because I needed it on a certain day. I was considering going to work on a casual basis, so the days and times I worked would be different every time, so I didn't think long day care was appropriate. But the occasional care centre wasn't reliable enough.

Can you speak to a couple of centres and explain your situation and see what they say?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to preggasaurus For This Useful Post:

MrsHoward  (08-09-2013)

MrsHoward is offline If all I have is you, then I have everything
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by preggasaurus View Post
    I looked into occasional care once, the centre I spoke to told me that I could not rely on them having a place, just because I needed it on a certain day. I was considering going to work on a casual basis, so the days and times I worked would be different every time, so I didn't think long day care was appropriate. But the occasional care centre wasn't reliable enough.

Can you speak to a couple of centres and explain your situation and see what they say?
    Oh that sucks ! Yeh i think ill have to go check em out and have a chat.
    Thanks for ur feedback

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app