+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babybabycakes View Post
    Ok. Ill bite.

3. If they bring in their ppl scheme before bub is here I get less because my income is so low.
    os
    I made the comment to my grandfather (huge liberal supporter) that I would be worse off under liberals maternity leave scheme (when I had dd2 I earned a bit less then the weekly amount, but was still eligible.

he came back to me a few days later saying that wasn't the case and that if I qualified I would still get the same amount as a minimum.

unaure if its the same situation for you, but with having a look at just in case

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I'm worried about the childcare reform. I understand their aim is to make it more affordable to parents but feel like childcare workers will suffer for this. My centre got approved for part of the $300mil but as payments haven't started yet then we probably won't get it. Higher ratios also worry me, I was really looking forward to lower ratios down the track so I could spend more individual time with children.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm not happy about issues like stopping boats,no same sex marriage and him as a person creeps me.

How do people on higher combined incomes and small businesses benefit (that's us ATM (small business). Our income will only be higher if I return to work full time though.
    Last edited by 2BlueBirds; 08-09-2013 at 07:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    NBN is a big one for us as its what DH does for a living! So will wait and see but at this point everyone is bracing for the worst.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    We benefit because big business benefits. As lawyers working for large corporations, the better they do the more work we get. Also if they bring back the phi rebate we'll be much better off (we get zero currently).

Personally I think bringing back the phi rebate is a huge mistake.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm worried about the Lib economic-growth-at-all-costs view especially regarding delicate environmental balance - as a PP mentioned, old growth forests in Tas especially. Libs have promised the world to Tasmanians, who have seen jobs losses through the forest industry scaling back. Surely we can encourage some progressive growth that doesn't involve the slash and burn of yesteryear.
    Totally sceptical on carbon tax being cut - why would business pass on savings? Started another thread on that one...
    Abbot does not see women as equal to men. That in itself is a worry. Ok, so I doubt any leader has truly been a feminist but most would be mindful enough to not advertise it when they open their mouths.
    Reading through the Liberal policies they are all talk on the savings they will make, yet hesitant to advertise where the cuts will come from and that is concerning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My main issues are the NBN, approach to climate change, parental leave scheme and the negative campaign over the past 3 years. All issues where the LNP seems to be lacking any kind of evidence-based policy or approach. It makes me so angry when they can pass something off as being beneficial in a particular way when it's simply factually untrue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by F&A View Post
    I made the comment to my grandfather (huge liberal supporter) that I would be worse off under liberals maternity leave scheme (when I had dd2 I earned a bit less then the weekly amount, but was still eligible.

he came back to me a few days later saying that wasn't the case and that if I qualified I would still get the same amount as a minimum.

unaure if its the same situation for you, but with having a look at just in case
    Exactly, the work test is the same ( so if you qualify under labor then you'll qualify under liberal) and its at your rate of pay OR minimum wage which ever is greater. So the fact you get an extra 8 weeks means you are better off.
    It also comes in July 1 2015.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Secret of Cleo View Post
    NDIS gone.
    Gonski gone.
    NBN gone.
    Penalty rates WILL be cut for a lot of Australians working in jobs such as retail and hospitality.
    Funding to public schooling will be decreased.
    There will be other cuts to education such as a cut to teacher aide time and scrapping some of the programs targeting the children who have a low attendance rate, are in the special education unit or are of a background that's seen as at risk.
    There will be cuts to our public hospitals. Nursing staff will lose hours. Many will become unemloyed. Waiting lists in the public system will be increased. There will be less access to mental health services under Medicare.
    12,000 jobs will be cut in the next month. That's a lot of people suddenly unemployed.

How will this affect me? Well, I choose private schooling and have an above average child who doesn't have a need for the extra programs available at the public schools. We don't get sick all that often, and this pregnancy is through the private system. While I have been seeing a psychologist this year, that's covered by VOC and I don't think it will be necessary to continue seeing one in the future. I work in the type of job where we are paid well and while we have never had penalty rates, we have had other little luxuries thrown in for our troubles when working evenings and weekends.

So really, this won't affect me personally. However, it will affect a lot of other people within the country so that should affect us all.
    Proof would help right now this is opinion!

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I feel things like winding back the carbon tax and replacing it with direct action is ridiculous -paying big polluters not to pollute in the course of making money flies in the face of reason; media Blackouts on asylum seeker boat arrivals prevent - so basically of we don't know how many boats are being turned around, we can't know how many people are dying as a result and they can report anything and we have no choice but to believe it; the nbn is an important project which will deliver technology that would help many - think remote medical conferencing etc for patients in remote areas (Yes, I know this already happens but if it can happen better an more reliably it will deliver better care); paid parental leave would be better paid at a more modest level and that money put into better quality childcare (staffing, availability etc) so that when all patents have to return to work they have good quality care to rely upon. The lnp sat on costings for so long and released it after the media blackout. I feel that they are hiding things and add to that the murdoch press being so biased makes me feel that they can't be trusted.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app