+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Help -saizen and symbicort

Hi, i'm in a study for poor responders so might be taking saizen (might be taking water!). I've been feeling a bit crap so googled it for possible side effects and saw you shouldn't take symbicort with it.

I take symbicort sporadically for asthma when I exercise. I haven't felt like its been working lately as I don't feel any different after taking it.

But, I've been injecting the study drug (maybe saizen) since last Sunday, and have taken three doses of symbicort during this time. Have I stuffed up and ruined the chances of the saizen working? I'm trying to not stress - but I feel like I've ruined everything!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Budesonide decreases the effects of saizen by pharmacodynamic antagonism. This means to some degree that it has the potential to block the effect of the growth hormone.

im not sure if sporadic use would be enough to significantly alter hormonal induction with saizen and given that budesonide is long acting you should check this.

i would suggest ringing both your FN and the study clinical supervisor for reassurance that all is well. Usually they have you list your other medications prior to being involved in the study...this is to avoid situations like this. If they already know its probably not that much of a concern. Also, If you cant get your asthma under control please see your gp. I got pretty short of breath during ivf from all the fluid retention ... And this lasted about a week after EPU.
    I wonder if you're having similar problems? Just a thought.

Definitely don't stress either - stress hormones block the effect of progesterone

hope this helps...

Best of luck this cycle!
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 08-09-2013 at 06:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks butterfly, I completely forgot to tell the clinic about the symbicort, I don't usually take it but have recently had a chest infection and my gp recommended I go back on it before exercise, which is when I have trouble with asthma. I have an apt at the clinic tmw so will talk to them then, just down now worrying that I've stuffed this cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I highly doubt you would have stuffed anything, asthma is a common condition and its pretty likely they would have warned people about it beforehand if it was a big deal... Don't stress

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (08-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, I read your reply out to DH and he said "ha, we'll never get pregnant then, you stress about everything" - lesson learnt, I need to relax!

We spoke about it and as I've had some of the side effects they say you can get- frequent peeing, headaches, lethargy etc he says it probably is still working. Time will tell I guess. He also said. There's nothing you can do about what you have taken, you just need to focus on the next few days and not do it again- pretty true really!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your DH is definitely on the money re chilling out!!!!

seriously though I got my BFP when I stopped giving a s***!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (08-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Butterfly, i had my scan this morning and have the best growth yet! I've got 3 follies at 15mm, 2 at 13, then three ranging from 7-12. i'm going back for another scan on Wednesday but it looks like epu will be on Saturday.

So it looks like the symbicort didn't have a detrimental affect! When i told the nurse she asked who had told me it was bad to take it - i admitted it was google and she frowned at me, said she'd note it on my file, but she wasn't worried!

Thank you for keeping me sane yesterday

I'm on a pc now so can see your signature and see you got your BFP last month - congratulations I hope I'll be joining you in a few weeks.