+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I think 2015 is already late. As much as possible, your child should be starting her preparatory school in 2014.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The sooner my child gets through school the sooner they can get on with the rest of their life. I figure why should my child be penalized or disadvantaged for a decision I made

Thats my view ... hope it helps along with the rest

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think Qld is very similar to WA with the latter half of the year heading to school the following year than their earlier year peers? Though in WA as of next year Prep is compulsory here whereas it isn't there. My DS is Dec 2008 babe and he is in Prep 2014.
    So unless your sister is holding her daughter back intentionally I would get her to clarify with the school as to why they are giving that start date for Prep. I am a big advocate for Prep (whether compulsory or not) and think it does wonders for preparing children for Year 1 and more formal schooling... So I wouldn't opt for a 2015 Yr 1 start date without prep first , myself.... I think I would prefer a later schooling year altogether, except for the fact that latter year babies are already doing that so unless there is a valid reason I wouldn't wait.
    Hope your sister can get it clarified. Maybe they just misread the birth year...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Your right my son is december 2008 and he starts prep next year 2014. My daughter was august 2007 she started this year.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    According to the Edu Qld website she should be starting prep 2014 and year 1 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTC View Post
    The sooner my child gets through school the sooner they can get on with the rest of their life. I figure why should my child be penalized or disadvantaged for a decision I made

Thats my view ... hope it helps along with the rest

After not turning 18 until the end of my first year of university, I much prefer this new system where I would have turned 18 at the end of year 12.