+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I was told just panadol and eat citrus for sone vitamin c.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Saline nasal sprays are safe, stay away from the medicated ones, saline is just salty water

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    careful mixing lemsip with painkillers, there is one type it does not mix well with, a friend got very sick.

We always checked with the pharmacist. He seemed to be more switched on than the local doctor for these issues.

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTC View Post
    careful mixing lemsip with painkillers, there is one type it does not mix well with, a friend got very sick.

We always checked with the pharmacist. He seemed to be more switched on than the local doctor for these issues.

Dave The Turning Cowboy

turning wood into art
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure the lemsip package says not to have it if you have taken any painkillers

Thanks
    Reviews
    The article linked earlier refered to Phenylephrine and Phenylephrine which I believe are not actually contained in the sprays but the tablets. I know they have a photo of a spray but that doesn't mean anything.

Lemsip contains paracetamol which is why you have to watch painkillers with it so you don't get too much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    There isn't much you can take. The PP have been spot on. Panadol will relieve a lot of issues for the flu ( the pains, the fevers) and make you feel a bit human.
    I be inclined to up you garlic/ginger/vitamin c intake and depending on your pregnancy vitamin also increase your zinc as its great for your immune system.
    I've have 3 headcolds this pregnancy and found the Vicks vaporizer invaluable.....
    Unfortunately you are stuck between a rock and a hard place as the "cold and flu" meds with psudoethedrine are category c I think.
    If you haven't had the flu shot, I'd get one as the flu season has hit late this year and it could stop you from getting another flu later.