Closed Thread
Page 90 of 94 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    stillfuntryin - I got mine from a hospital pharmacy, they were $120 for a month worth and I am hoping to claim some of that back under my extra's on private health insurance. Maybe it is worth calling around some pharmacies? I don't know how big the lower dose ones are but the 400mg is pretty big - looks like a tampon! far out - the things we do. But at least I can just do it once before bed.

shell - sorry to hear your clinic is not giving you much info. Mine were kind of like that, they tried not to go into too much detail just said if it was or wasnt what they were expecting to see - maybe they do this as everyone freaks out on google? I hope you had more luck next time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shell - that sucks that your clinic isn't telling you those things that would have been horrible to have gone all the way there only to find out that you weren't going to have a transfer! E2 is Estrogen or for those who spell it as Oestrogen

Stillfun - They check your E2 so get a better idea of how many eggs there might be in the follies. The more eggs your body has produced the higher the E2 will be and it will very depending on how mature the eggs are too. Has your FS told you anything.

Also ladies - I was thinking if you could post your next event date I can put that on the roll call as well. For example approx date of EPU or transfer.

Soready - I can't remember if you already have your scan date but I can add it if you do

Bayside - do you have a scan date?

Has anyone heard from Freakedout? She was supposed to have her BT on 1/11 and there's been no updates Maybe she is celebrating a BFP?! I hope so!!!

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!
    Last edited by rainbowbabe; 05-11-2013 at 09:06.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbowbabe For This Useful Post:

Emzy5  (05-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Stillfuntrying and soready, if you look through the IVF threads there is one there that a man started about compounding chemists and the cost of pessaries. Oh, but then again, I think it was in Sydney! but it might give you an idea of the HUGE variance in costs! I think they all post too, so they might be cheaper than where you are?

I can't go back to see but someone said what is E2? It's your estrogen levels. My clinic checks this at every blood test. I found this on Dr Google!

A mature follicle produces about 200 - 300 pg/ml of estrogen. Thus, if you have about 10 follicles on scanning , the doctor can decide to trigger ovulation with HCG when your estradiol level is about 2000- 3000 pg/ml. Remember, however, that the corrleation is indirect and is not always accurate. Thus, some women will have good estrogen levels (because their granulosa cells are working fine) , but their eggs will be of poor quality This is why estradiol levels should always be interpreted carefully. Two rules apply. Firsty, tracking serial estradiol levels from the same lab to check their trend is very useful. When the eggs are good quality, estradiol levels will double every 1-2 days. Secondly, the levels should be interpreted in conjunction with the ultrasound scan findings.

And now I can't remember who had the 2,000 at EPU, but if you go by the above you should be fine!

Thanks
    Reviews
    AngeQ - being my 1st cycle I would not have a clue hun sorry! Good luck during your 2WW

Stillfuntryin - take care of yourself!! Rest up and am so glad you got 6 eggs, they are all little fighters hun!

Vix - Glad you have arrived safely despite a missed flight! Haha your comments made me laugh xo

Misha24 - I'm sorry you only got 2 eggs retrieved hun. I have everything crossed they both fertilise for you

Babygirl7 - Im on 300 of Gonal F. I am very pleasantly surprised as I had read a few people ahd terrible bloating and discomfort from early on. I have done 3 Gonal F shots so far and can feel activity going on inside (twinges on my ovaries etc) and am starting to get a full type feeling in my lower tummy, but have so far had NO side effects. No bloating (which I'm sure will come at some point), no nausea, maybe just a little tired and mild headache.

Rainbowbabe - thanks for the E2 info I didn't know that either! My FN said yesterday my 1st BT results were all within the normal range but didn;t elaborate so I just went along and said "oh great". Would have loved a bit of a breakdown though! I will ask more questions after tomorrow's BT.

AFM I had my 1st morning shot of Orgalutron (sorry if mispelled). All that worry for nothing I didn;t welt and it didn't sting at all like I had read for some women. I think I should have been a nurse! haha. Still no side effects from any injections which I am very relieved of but can feel things happening inside (at least I think) so all is travelling nicely. 2nd BT tomorrow.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rozzie1976 For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (05-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    shell - sorry to hear your clinic is not good with information

Rozzie - i was ok with orgalutran bit of bruising but that may have been the two

stillfuntrying - my pessaries are included in the cost of my cycle (and I seem to build up a stock i don't use is your cycle all charged separately?

I've just been told that out of the 5, 3 have fertilised abnormally, one has fertilised normally and one is not showing any signs... so my FS is supposedly going to call me this afternoon - not really sure how i am feeling at the moment.. was hoping for better - am trying to be positive but its hard when you feel like crying

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sorry Rahah will they still go ahead with ET?
    Well out of my 6, 5 ffertilized overnight! The embryoligist is very hapy with the result, I am over the moon, now keep growing my little Chico babes
    I am tentatively booked in on Thursday or Saturday for ET pending on how they go
    Did you do ICSI or IVF Rahah?
    Last edited by stillfuntryin; 05-11-2013 at 09:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great news stillfuntryin! Fingers crossed all works!

We did ICSI - they are planning to freeze as my progesterone levels were a little too high for the FS's liking for ET - But will have to wait and see it's just a waiting game now...

Vix - forgot to say glad you got to Greece ok in the end and hope it all goes, you certainly need a sense of humour with this sometimes..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rarah11 For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (05-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Vixjc glad to see you still have the ability to laugh. Its the most important thing! Just remember though, even though your donors looks may play a part in things its yours and your DH's personality traits that your beautiful little bub with grow up with. He or She will laugh like you laugh, walk as you walk, and mimick everything from the two of you and I believe its the personality traits a child has that makes people stop and smile and say "you are so much like your mummy/daddy" GL with everything...you are a remarkable woman with a strength many can only hope to possess with the journey you are travelling on Misha "It only takes 1 hun" rainbowbabe thankyou for the roll call once again but also thank you for taking the time to get us all to update, you are a gem Rarah please don't get too disheartened, as I said to Misha it really only takes one for some! I was on the September thread with a lady who was so upset to only have one embie to transfer and she was the first to get a BFP on the thread. Will keep everything crossed for you
    Last edited by Emzy5; 05-11-2013 at 10:06.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Emzy5 For This Useful Post:

Vixjc  (05-11-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on 5 out of 6 stillfuntryin that's a top fertilization rate!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    rarah, but remember it only takes one to get your BFP!

Stillfuntrying, that's a great fert rate!