Closed Thread
Page 9 of 94 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stillfuntryin View Post
    Hi Girls,
    I rang and spoke to my clinic yesterday about getting the ball rolling, im currently CD4, I have to go for a U/S on CD21 and then I wait til CD1 to go back in and pick up my drugs and get started, Im so excited but DH isn't, I need his support and I don't have it, He is ok with me doing it but he also expects it to work the first time and I will never be able to speak of it again if it doesn't! He doesn't want to part with the money and I know that he wont want to produce a sample come the day, he will make me feel guilty I know it! It was a huge struggle for the S/A and there was no IVF pressure then, I live so far from the clinic I will be in town on my own and he will only come in when he has to, I cant take this journey alone but I fell this is our only chance of having a child, if we don't do it in Nov I wont get another chance to do a full round. Im so torn, I don't want to push him into this like he is making me feel but I don't want to keep TTC naturally! Any advice as to how I can get him to come around.
    our OOP is $4778 our up front is $9800
    Aw honey - that's rough. This journey is tough enough as it is without DH being reluctant. It's a shame he is thinking about the money - but then it is a big amount hey! There are benefits - bolting right over the medicare cap and getting all your other medical refunds at a much better rate? Claiming the cost on your tax and reducing your taxable income? Is there a way to get him to do his thing a few days before the EPU so he doesn't have the pressure on the day itself? Is it just because he's still devastated from your tragic loss and he doesn't want to get hurt again?
    I really feel for you hon. Good news is this is the best place to get support The girls here rock. And there is always someone on here who will really understand the highs and lows. I have everything crossed for you that DH thaws a little If your clinic is not using HA ICSI (from the price it looks like they are!) maybe ask about it - if this is your one shot, bring out the big guns! But I have my fingers crossed that this isn't your one shot, you guys are relatively young, you have some time from DH to come round - even though delay just sucks when this is what you really want - so don't put too much pressure on yourself as this being your last shot, cos you just never know But with some luck one shot is all you need

Emzy - I'll be on Clexane too - not sure for how long but I think its all the way through. Dr's appt is on Mon and he'll give all the details then. Do you have to do intralipid as well? I'm with Dr Lolatgis - also at Monash IVF. The IVF nurses there are so lovely.
    Last edited by Vixjc; 28-09-2013 at 21:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stillfuntryin View Post
    Hi Girls,
    I rang and spoke to my clinic yesterday about getting the ball rolling, im currently CD4, I have to go for a U/S on CD21 and then I wait til CD1 to go back in and pick up my drugs and get started, Im so excited but DH isn't, I need his support and I don't have it, He is ok with me doing it but he also expects it to work the first time and I will never be able to speak of it again if it doesn't! He doesn't want to part with the money and I know that he wont want to produce a sample come the day, he will make me feel guilty I know it! It was a huge struggle for the S/A and there was no IVF pressure then, I live so far from the clinic I will be in town on my own and he will only come in when he has to, I cant take this journey alone but I fell this is our only chance of having a child, if we don't do it in Nov I wont get another chance to do a full round. Im so torn, I don't want to push him into this like he is making me feel but I don't want to keep TTC naturally! Any advice as to how I can get him to come around.
    our OOP is $4778 our up front is $9800
    I'm so so sorry to hear you have all the added pressure of DH on top of the already obvious ones we all experience on this journey give your DH some time Hun, men really can't feel the intense emotions that we women feel, it's not their fault though, they are just built differently to us. Will be keeping my fingers crossed that he comes round for you, but in the meantime all us wonderful and sometimes a little crazy bunch of girls are here for you! These women have been my rock through this journey. My DH tries but only women who are going through exactly what you are can truly understand the ups n downs of it all. Best of luck on your journey, I really hope you get your BFP this round...and don't worry, once you get your BFP I'm sure your DH will be over the moon about it

Thanks
    Reviews
    VIxjc, I'm not sure what else I'll be on this time round, new clinic, new FS so new everything! our appointment with Dr Weston is Monday so we'll know more after that...excited to get started again..let's hope these changes will get us our BFP!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls, he is conning around slowly, we were talking about injections lastnight and that he would have to do them for me, he did the OI one's but that was only are trigger and four boosters, no where near as intense as this, but he just joked and said instead of doing more than one shot he would mix them into a big fertile cocktail and inject them all at once LOL so it looks like this is happening, Vixjc - that is just the standard cost with the anaesthesia fees, I think my clinic is on the pricey side.... Anyway I spoke to my nurse ands I will make a CD21 appointment tommorow for a u/s and get ready... Eeeekkkkk its exciting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I hope you don't mind me subbing to this thread. I'm in limbo land at the moment. I'm waiting for my ectopic pregnancy to resolve it self, and waiting for my FS to agree for me to do another stimm cycle. Ive recently had an ovarian cyst burst as well. I've heard two things, October or November. I'm starting to worry, about Christmas looming ahead. And this last cycle my last chance for the year. Can cycle 10 be lucky ???

I recognise some of you from other threads, I hope we all get our BFP very soon.
    Best wishes ladies

6. The Following User Says Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (29-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by francesthecat View Post
    Hi Ladies,

I hope you don't mind me subbing to this thread. I'm in limbo land at the moment. I'm waiting for my ectopic pregnancy to resolve it self, and waiting for my FS to agree for me to do another stimm cycle. Ive recently had an ovarian cyst burst as well. I've heard two things, October or November. I'm starting to worry, about Christmas looming ahead. And this last cycle my last chance for the year. Can cycle 10 be lucky ???

I recognise some of you from other threads, I hope we all get our BFP very soon.
    Best wishes ladies
    Welcome Frances! We have all decided this is the lucky thread with only BFP's so you've come to the right placeWill be keeping everything crossed for you to be able to go ahead in October. You've been through so much and I hope things are much better for you from here on in. Sending you huge hugs and lots of luck and baby dust for this to be your lucky cycle

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Emzy5 For This Useful Post:

francesthecat  (29-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Emzy5 View Post
    We've decided to change because we were not happy at all with our FS. He was very uncaring and at times quite rude. I ended up with mild OHSS so our first transfer was cancelled. Out of 13 embies we only got to do 2 transfers using 4. both of these transfers our FS was not available. When we would ask questions he would become quite agitated and blunt making us feel like we couldn't enquire about his decisions at all. We just felt like a number nothing more. It was quite upsetting and when I contact the clinic about changing FS they basically said we could either stay with the FS we had or there would be a waiting period of a couple of months to be transferred to someone else. Then there was the issues of all the extra costs and bills we kept getting that we were unaware of. I guess to sum it up we felt once we had paid our fees we became just another number. Perhaps we just had a bad run and had a personality clash with our FS, I know you cant base a whole clinic on that because there are probably really nice FS there (the FS that did our second transfer was lovely) but I just felt that the change of clinic would be good for us.
    I think I would change clinic as well if I were you. It's hard when we rely a lot on the fs, nurses and the clinic. I know I ask a lot of questions. Whilst I understand the fs has seen a lot of patients with similar cases, but it's all foreign to me. So I really appreciate that my FS answering my questions nicely and patiently.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Minib For This Useful Post:

Emzy5  (29-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SoReady View Post
    Hi Emzy5

I am also with Monash - with Lyn Burmeister. We just picked up all our meds today (slightly nervous about administering my own shots) and started with BUMP acupuncture today too - they were really great. Now just waiting for AF sometime late next week to get this party started
    Is Lyn good? I hear a lot of good reviews about her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome ezza83, wow you have been through a lot. You've come to the right place. The ladies here are great support.

Stillfuntryin, I hope your hubby comes around soon. Ivf is hard so it will be nice if hubby is in it together. Although like the other ladies say, you can talk and vent to us. This might mean hubby doesnt have to hear too much and upset him

Thanks
    Reviews
    vixjc we have way too much to worry about . When are you headed to Greece do you think? ezza welcome, so sorry to hear about your partner going through that but very glad to hear is he ok now, I start the synarel very soon also, pick up meds next Wed. Stillfuntryin, sorry u are having a rough time with dh, like everyone has said they really don't get how we feel about all this, mine bottles all his hurt up vent away here whenever u need to, we are here for you. Francesthecat, will keep my for your next cycle, this is def the lucky thread