Closed Thread
Page 8 of 94 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm with Melb IVF too. Hoping to start first cycle on or around 10 October. So just playing the waiting game at the moment. Feeling very nervous about the whole thing but more than anything just want to get this show on the road!
    Here's to this being the lucky thread and BFP to us all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Minib View Post
    Emzy, I'm with Melbourne IVF. What made you change to monash IVF? Sorry if you have told this story hundred times
    We've decided to change because we were not happy at all with our FS. He was very uncaring and at times quite rude. I ended up with mild OHSS so our first transfer was cancelled. Out of 13 embies we only got to do 2 transfers using 4. both of these transfers our FS was not available. When we would ask questions he would become quite agitated and blunt making us feel like we couldn't enquire about his decisions at all. We just felt like a number nothing more. It was quite upsetting and when I contact the clinic about changing FS they basically said we could either stay with the FS we had or there would be a waiting period of a couple of months to be transferred to someone else. Then there was the issues of all the extra costs and bills we kept getting that we were unaware of. I guess to sum it up we felt once we had paid our fees we became just another number. Perhaps we just had a bad run and had a personality clash with our FS, I know you cant base a whole clinic on that because there are probably really nice FS there (the FS that did our second transfer was lovely) but I just felt that the change of clinic would be good for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by freakedout44 View Post
    Hi Emzy, I am with city fertility clinic.
    They are reasonably small, but we chose them because they felt a little more personal than some of the other clinics and so far we are quite happy with them.
    I think that would make our journeys so much easier to handle having that personal touch and making you feel as though you are just as important as the next person. Im glad you are getting that from your clinic. I hope we get that next time I think it would make the whole process so much easier to handle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

Am hoping it is ok for me to join this thread also. I am very new to BubHub and very new to the IVF world also.

I am 30 years old and my partner is 32. He was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma in 2006 and after going through loads of chemo and radiotherapy he was put into remission... only to relapse again a very short time after and so had to have alot more harsher cancer killing drugs. The good news is he is in remission and has been for 5 years now ... but the bad news is, the drugs have killed all his sperm Our saving grace is that he has a very small amount of storage that was taken after his very first round of Chemo and so we are now doing IVF/ICSI using this frozen storage.

I have had all the tests and ultrasounds done and have come back with really good results and so now we are just keeping our fingers crossed.

I start Sniffing Synarel next Friday 4th October. Am feeling absolutely excited and terrified all at the same time.

I have been reading these blogs online for some-time and trying to educate myself with what is about to happen as much as possible. It is so nice to share this journey with people who absolutely understand what it's all about. Sending everyone the best of luck on here and I look forward to following your journeys along the way

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Emzy5 View Post
    Freakedout and minib what clinic are you with in Melbourne? My last cycle was done through Melb IVF and I have just moved to Monash under Gareth Weston.
    Hi Emzy5

I am also with Monash - with Lyn Burmeister. We just picked up all our meds today (slightly nervous about administering my own shots) and started with BUMP acupuncture today too - they were really great. Now just waiting for AF sometime late next week to get this party started

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ezza83 View Post
    Hi Ladies,

Am hoping it is ok for me to join this thread also. I am very new to BubHub and very new to the IVF world also.

I am 30 years old and my partner is 32. He was diagnosed with Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma in 2006 and after going through loads of chemo and radiotherapy he was put into remission... only to relapse again a very short time after and so had to have alot more harsher cancer killing drugs. The good news is he is in remission and has been for 5 years now ... but the bad news is, the drugs have killed all his sperm Our saving grace is that he has a very small amount of storage that was taken after his very first round of Chemo and so we are now doing IVF/ICSI using this frozen storage.

I have had all the tests and ultrasounds done and have come back with really good results and so now we are just keeping our fingers crossed.

I start Sniffing Synarel next Friday 4th October. Am feeling absolutely excited and terrified all at the same time.

I have been reading these blogs online for some-time and trying to educate myself with what is about to happen as much as possible. It is so nice to share this journey with people who absolutely understand what it's all about. Sending everyone the best of luck on here and I look forward to following your journeys along the way
    Welcome Ezzawow it sounds like you and your DP have had a reaaly rough time of it..its fantatic to hear that he is now well and in full remission. You'll find your next journey you are both about to embark on is a very up and down roller coaster ride that at times can have you feeling like you want to but other times its an exciting venture..thats where we come in you will find all of the wonderful ladies on BH the most understanding and caring people who will be there to pick you up when you're down and cheer along with you when you have a great result. We all have our DH and DP of course but in my experience no one can really understand what you're going through like those going through the process too. Wishing you the best of luck and lots of baby dustyou are one of the lucky ones to get your BFP straight up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=SoReady;7468172]Hi Emzy5

I am also with Monash - with Lyn Burmeister. We just picked up all our meds today (slightly nervous about administering my own shots) and started with BUMP acupuncture today too - they were really great. Now just waiting for AF sometime late next week to get this party started [/QUOTE
    Welcome SoReady Sounds like we may be stimming close together this round. AF should arrive for me on the 17th. Believe me once you've done the first jab the rest are a breeze I remember sitting in my study at home breathing deep and saying to myself...1...2...thr..grrr cant do it! lol! the first time I had to inject myself but when I did it it was like...wow, that so didn't hurt at all I also have acupuncture. I started it off purely for IVF but now I cant live without it, I find its so good for calming you down and relaxing you. Sending you loads of and and looking forward to hearing all about your journey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Emzy5;7468240]
    Quote Originally Posted by SoReady View Post
    Hi Emzy5

I am also with Monash - with Lyn Burmeister. We just picked up all our meds today (slightly nervous about administering my own shots) and started with BUMP acupuncture today too - they were really great. Now just waiting for AF sometime late next week to get this party started [/QUOTE
    Welcome SoReady Sounds like we may be stimming close together this round. AF should arrive for me on the 17th. Believe me once you've done the first jab the rest are a breeze I remember sitting in my study at home breathing deep and saying to myself...1...2...thr..grrr cant do it! lol! the first time I had to inject myself but when I did it it was like...wow, that so didn't hurt at all I also have acupuncture. I started it off purely for IVF but now I cant live without it, I find its so good for calming you down and relaxing you. Sending you loads of and and looking forward to hearing all about your journey.
    Ha Ha Ha! I did that too! One ... two ... thr ...oh crap (actually it was language a LOT more blue than that!). It really does get easier after the first one

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=Vixjc;7468625]
    Quote Originally Posted by Emzy5 View Post

Ha Ha Ha! I did that too! One ... two ... thr ...oh crap (actually it was language a LOT more blue than that!). It really does get easier after the first one
    Lol! Sure does vixjc! I also have to inject clexane everyday after transfer and right through when I get my BFP!... Now those REALLY sting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,
    I rang and spoke to my clinic yesterday about getting the ball rolling, im currently CD4, I have to go for a U/S on CD21 and then I wait til CD1 to go back in and pick up my drugs and get started, Im so excited but DH isn't, I need his support and I don't have it, He is ok with me doing it but he also expects it to work the first time and I will never be able to speak of it again if it doesn't! He doesn't want to part with the money and I know that he wont want to produce a sample come the day, he will make me feel guilty I know it! It was a huge struggle for the S/A and there was no IVF pressure then, I live so far from the clinic I will be in town on my own and he will only come in when he has to, I cant take this journey alone but I fell this is our only chance of having a child, if we don't do it in Nov I wont get another chance to do a full round. Im so torn, I don't want to push him into this like he is making me feel but I don't want to keep TTC naturally! Any advice as to how I can get him to come around.
    our OOP is $4778 our up front is $9800