Closed Thread
Page 51 of 94 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozzie1976 View Post
    Rarah11 - Ta hun I will!! Hope starting the menopur went ok.

Rainbow2013 - I am going to be on Oragultran also (aswella s Gonal F which I have been reading awful things on too!!), what is it you dislike about it in particular? Good luck with the scan.

Rainbowbabe - I wouldn't be concerned about those numbers at all. I was reading on another thread on here yesterday about a woman who got 1 egg, and that 1 and only fertilised and she is now pregnant. And she is over 40. Quality not quantity and those figures seem great anyway

Chiefsgirl - Just call in sick hun I would!

Sharlee32 - Oh really I didn't realise! A group would definately be good if we were all closer by, thank goodness for bub hub

Omgshoes - no we didn't have to do counselling in QLD, it isn't mandatory here. Optional though.
    Hi rozzie. The oragultran I find is a thicker needle and just takes a bit if a harder jab. The medicine also has a pain/sting. But remember everyone feels it different so don't let me scare you I liked the gonal, I was on that last cycle, it's the least painful in my opinion and no side effects for me baby dust to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow2013 View Post
    Hi rozzie. The oragultran I find is a thicker needle and just takes a bit if a harder jab. The medicine also has a pain/sting. But remember everyone feels it different so don't let me scare you I liked the gonal, I was on that last cycle, it's the least painful in my opinion and no side effects for me baby dust to you
    Ok thanks hun, the Nurse said it can be a stinger (eeek) so at least I'm well prepared!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rozzie1976 View Post
    Emzy - WOW is all I can say!! So 40 all up!!?? Hoping all goes ok for you babe and you don't end up with OHSS again, good luck for Saturday!
    Thanks Rozzie. my DH was wondering why they aren't sending me in tomorrow to check things instead of Saturday? I think I might call them in the morning to see if they can do that. I'd rather have a few really good quality eggs and be able to transfer than over 20 like last time and be sick all over again. It is so true what they say about quality over quantity...I had 21 eggs last time with 13 embies as a result and none of them gave us our BFP and some ladies have 1 egg, 1 embie and get that beautiful BFP we all hope for so this time I'm hoping for quality over quantity

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow lots to read up on.

Sorry for the lack of personals. My belly is seriously 6 months pregnant. I was lying in bed and it was so huge I could not see my knickers. Just a big fat gut. Blaaaah.
    Still have not heard if I have any frosties. I'm not going to chase them, or book my blood test either. I'd rather just to my GP.. Whine over :/

Good idea Emzy get another blood and scan so they know exactly where you are. So you can trigger at the right time.

Cheifsgirl that is the best excuse ever to have a long weekend.

Rainbow as it has been said those numbers sound fine.

Hope everyone is doing ok... Yay for Friday.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to francesthecat For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (25-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh wow it's been 8 days since I last posted. So much to catch up on. Sorry for being MIA. Had a busy few days and home late so didn't have the time to check BH. The last 8 days flew by .... Ironically lol

Rarah and Bella, welcome!!

Rainbowbabe, how are you and df going?

Frances, when will you go to your GP for blood test?

Emzy, good idea to get another scan. I hope you don't get ohss. 40 follies wow.

Rozzie, orgalutran def 'hurt' more than puregon. But it didn't always hurt. It depends on where I jab it. But to be honest, it didn't really hurt at all.

Rainbow2013, I'm sorry you felt sad this morning. It's hard but stay strong. I hope this is the cycle for you

Sparklemonkey, how are you going? Let us know how the scan on Friday is.

JB, how was your scan?

Omgshoes, I did counseling as it's mandatory in Vic like what JB said. And I was thinking of having a session during the tww but I didn't. I wondered if it would help.

Vixjc, I like the stats you mentioned. Fingers crossed you are better than the stats. When do you leave for Greece?

Sorry for all the ladies I missed. I read all posts but lost track as there are a lot of us here now. Good luck for those jabbing, tww and waiting.

AFM, nothing new. We are taking a month off so I'm still reading but no contribution. I'm seeing my FS next week to discuss plan for next stim. Also to remove polyp (sorry tmi). We will have a FET in nov/dec after a month off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow emzy that is a lot of follicles!!! hope you can get in tomorrow if you feel you need to.

Frances my belly is always fat lol i can never really tell if im bloated suppose thats a good thing!!!

Rozzie i think it stings a bit but its really not to bad when you just think about why you are doung it

Minib hope the wait till your FET flys by for you

Really quick question, once you trigger do you stop the gonal and oraglutran? I will ask in the morning at the clinic but just thought you girls can give me am answer oh and has anyone had to use some gonal from one pen then some from another cos one was empty? I think I will have to do that over the weekend if I still need to use it, but hopefully they will give me more as I only have 2 doses left. Oh so many questions lol

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sparkle, once you trigger you stop the jabs. You just need to wait for epu. No more drugs and jabs until epu is done

Thanks
    Reviews
    And sparkle, if you are on a dose that doesn't multiply into 900 well then yes you could end up 'topping up' gonal f from another pen. I'm always on 450 so that never happens for me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jb2011 View Post
    I had 19 eggs collected in my 2nd cycle (the only one I made it to EPU) and 14 were mature... I certainly didn't have 14 follicles over 17mm so there's definitely mature ones in smaller sized follies. I am having my scan tomorrow and will let you know how I go, it's nice to have a couple of cycle buddies... hopefully we are all in for EPU around the same time too... will make the TWW easier with you all!

Do you know what day transfer your DF will be having? Is she having a single or double?

That's very cool that you got to see lots of photos of the donor - can imagine it would have been so nice finding the right one Do you mind me asking more questions? I hope not! Will your baby be allowed to contact him when they are of a certain age or is it all confidential? Also I have wondered for a while and I really hope you don't mind me asking (please don't answer if you don't want to) but with a same sex couple what happens with bubs birth certificate, do both of your names go on it?
    I'm feeling much better about the quality over quantity thing

She'll be having a 2dt as per FS recommendation. He seems to think her embies will like being in the womb hehe. As its our first cycle she will be having one transferred. If we find that it's not working etc then we will reassess and look at transferring 2 later further down the line.

I don't mind the questions at all In NSW they have birth certificates for same se couples which has mother and parent or mother and mother! It's one of the first things we looked into haha. I'm also changing my surname to DF's so that bub and I will have the same surname too.

As for our donor (wonderful man he is)... Our children will be able to make contact with him when they turn 18 should they want to and providing he is okay too as well. It's legislation that they need to be able contact one another should they choose to when the child becomes an adult. DF and I will completely support our kids if they want to make contact with him. They will grow up knowing how generous he was and that he was an angel for giving us the chance to have our own family

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also... Emzy - wow that's lots of follies!!! Fingers crossed that you don't get sick and that you get a transfer in. Will be thinking of you x

Rainbow2013 - how exciting!!! So many getting close to EPU! You may have just seen the start of your little bubba!

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbowbabe For This Useful Post:

Emzy5  (25-10-2013)