Closed Thread
Page 50 of 94 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Omgshoes View Post
    Did everyone hve to do counselling
    it was optional. My clinic nurse told me to call them after our first BFN but I didn't bother.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rarah11 - Ta hun I will!! Hope starting the menopur went ok.

Rainbow2013 - I am going to be on Oragultran also (aswella s Gonal F which I have been reading awful things on too!!), what is it you dislike about it in particular? Good luck with the scan.

Rainbowbabe - I wouldn't be concerned about those numbers at all. I was reading on another thread on here yesterday about a woman who got 1 egg, and that 1 and only fertilised and she is now pregnant. And she is over 40. Quality not quantity and those figures seem great anyway

Chiefsgirl - Just call in sick hun I would!

Sharlee32 - Oh really I didn't realise! A group would definately be good if we were all closer by, thank goodness for bub hub

Omgshoes - no we didn't have to do counselling in QLD, it isn't mandatory here. Optional though.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Rozzie1976 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (24-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowbabe View Post
    Rainbow2013 - how did you go at your scan today?? Was anyone else having a scan or BT today? I try to remember where everyone is up to but it's a big group lol.

Feel free to yell at me if today is an "event" day for you I know there's a few with scans on tomorrow. JB, Sparklemonkey and Bella from memory?? DF has another scan tomorrow too

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

I had 19 eggs collected in my 2nd cycle (the only one I made it to EPU) and 14 were mature... I certainly didn't have 14 follicles over 17mm so there's definitely mature ones in smaller sized follies. I am having my scan tomorrow and will let you know how I go, it's nice to have a couple of cycle buddies... hopefully we are all in for EPU around the same time too... will make the TWW easier with you all!

Do you know what day transfer your DF will be having? Is she having a single or double?

That's very cool that you got to see lots of photos of the donor - can imagine it would have been so nice finding the right one Do you mind me asking more questions? I hope not! Will your baby be allowed to contact him when they are of a certain age or is it all confidential? Also I have wondered for a while and I really hope you don't mind me asking (please don't answer if you don't want to) but with a same sex couple what happens with bubs birth certificate, do both of your names go on it?

Sharlee I had an endometrial biopsy done (similar to a scratch I would imagine) and it was the most painful thing I have experience in the whole IVF process ut it was very quick and over before I knew it. I actually didn't have a good reaction afterwards - DH had to come and pick me up but I am very glad I had it done as i found out I have high NK cells so now they are being treated this cycle. I hope yours isn't so bad! Chiefsgirl thinking of you today... hope it's ok! I think it's worth having it done after reading this - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/he...t-success.html

Rarah11 I am with you re: the Menupur.. I get DH to do the mixing. And now I have been given pregnyl as my trigger... more mixing

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jb2011 For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (24-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jb2011 View Post
    I had 19 eggs collected in my 2nd cycle (the only one I made it to EPU) and 14 were mature... I certainly didn't have 14 follicles over 17mm so there's definitely mature ones in smaller sized follies. I am having my scan tomorrow and will let you know how I go, it's nice to have a couple of cycle buddies... hopefully we are all in for EPU around the same time too... will make the TWW easier with you all!

Do you know what day transfer your DF will be having? Is she having a single or double?

That's very cool that you got to see lots of photos of the donor - can imagine it would have been so nice finding the right one Do you mind me asking more questions? I hope not! Will your baby be allowed to contact him when they are of a certain age or is it all confidential? Also I have wondered for a while and I really hope you don't mind me asking (please don't answer if you don't want to) but with a same sex couple what happens with bubs birth certificate, do both of your names go on it?

Sharlee I had an endometrial biopsy done (similar to a scratch I would imagine) and it was the most painful thing I have experience in the whole IVF process ut it was very quick and over before I knew it. I actually didn't have a good reaction afterwards - DH had to come and pick me up but I am very glad I had it done as i found out I have high NK cells so now they are being treated this cycle. I hope yours isn't so bad! Chiefsgirl thinking of you today... hope it's ok! I think it's worth having it done after reading this - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/he...t-success.html

Rarah11 I am with you re: the Menupur.. I get DH to do the mixing. And now I have been given pregnyl as my trigger... more mixing
    Thank you for that link and info
    Ahhhhh I am freaking out now my pain threshold is 0... I actually threw up twice after they did a HCG (tube dye test) on me. Have you had that done and if you did did you find it painful at all? I totally hear you on the killer cells. I think I might have something along those lines as I have a very high immunity and never get sick. There is a thread on here about them it is very interesting to read. My FS said we can trial bondi protocol this cycle. I am hoping that will be enough for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies, back at work but going home soon and I won't be in tomorrow. I've worked out a way to do the project from home (I don't have remote access).

Sharlee the scratch was uncomfortable. Apparently I have a 'tight cervix' whatever the heck that means??? She didn't elaborate. The catheter thing hurt going in and hurt while she was scratching (essentially it's like a back scratcher on a miniature scale!), but it's more like bad period cramps. I just breathed through it and talked the the FS as she was doing it to keep my mind off it! Now it's just mild cramps and some bleeding, but nothing too bad. And if it gets me a then I'd do almost anything

OMGShoes we didn't have counselling and haven't been formally offered it, but we know it's available at the clinic. I've heard that in some states you have to do a police check before IVF - that completely baffles me!

Thanks for the link JB - I did have you in mind when I was waiting hoping the same wouldn't happen to me. She also took a biopsy, so it will be interesting to see what the results are. I don't think I have NK cells - I've been sick too much lately!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chiefsgirl I am so glad it went well for you and I agree if it gets me a BFP I'd do it all over again and anything else I needed to to get there!!

In Vic you have to do a police check and counseling before you can commence IVF, DH asked if they've ever had to turn anyone away with their check and they said just 1 person. I guess if someone had a very serious criminal history it would be wise to think twice about giving them a child? Maybe, I don't know?

Sharlee I haven't had a dye flush so can't compare the 2. I do have a pretty high pain threshold (at least i like to think so) but the biopsy just got the better of me. I am pretty much on the Bondi Protocal this cycle (although FS never called it that) I am having prednisolone and will be on clexane from day before ET. My naturopath also gave me a high dose Vic C with zinc and Vit D as it can help with something to do with NK cells (didn't ask too many questions, just did it!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chiefgirl, i'm glad it wasn't too painful for you and you are right, anything to get that

I haven't actually called the clinic yet, but i have a few questions lined up for my scan and blood test tomorrow

Rainbowbabe it is really great how they are keeping you informed etc in the whole process with your DP

OMGshoes no councelling here

has anyone felt from the medication? I feel really yucky and just off. DH said get used to it cos it might turn into Morning sickness soon l

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies on phone so personals will follow when homeI know right now I should be happy but to be honest I'm scared stiff! Cd5 for me so only had 4 puregon shots so far but was booked for a BT and scan today as last time I had OHSS and they want to keep on topof things. Just got results back 20 follies on EACH side and already have one at 16mm, 13mm,11mm and some at 9. The nurse said that's the quickest response she's seen after just 4 shots. They told me to immediately take an orgalutran shot and have moved my next scan and BT forward to Saturday instead of Monday and I have to go into the Richmond clinic then see nurse straight after...they may even trigger me straight after and book EPU in for Monday I think. So I am happy that I've responded well but terrified to end up in hospital again with OHSS Hope everyone else is going great with the TWW, EPU, transfer etc. baby dust n good vibes to all!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emzy - WOW is all I can say!! So 40 all up!!?? Hoping all goes ok for you babe and you don't end up with OHSS again, good luck for Saturday!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Rozzie1976 For This Useful Post:

Emzy5  (24-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

scan went well today I have 11 follies on left and 7 on the right. I have about 4 x 16mm already then quite a few around 9mm. I am doing a top up of my elonva with 150 puregon tonight then go back in the morning for a bt and second scan. The clinic said the FS is 99% sure I will trigger sat night and have EPU on Monday. The urologist has already called my DH this afternoon booking his procedure for Monday so it looks like its a done deal for Monday. I'm freaking out a little and dreading that fertilisation report call on Tuesday. Trying to stay very positive about all of our changes for this cycle.

i had a small break down this morning at the scan when the lady doing the ultrasound asked how my last ivf went. She was very nice and gave me a hug

will update again tomorrow. Baby dust to everyone