Closed Thread
Page 5 of 94 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbowbabe View Post
    Hello ladies.. Do you mind if I take a spot on the comfy lounge?? Me (27) being here might seem weird to some but my DF (29) has started her down reg cycle and will have egg pick up and transfer in October if all goes well. She is avoiding reading too much because she doesn't want to stress etc but I am on the hub because I want to know what to expect, how I can help her on her journey and also because I think it's a great support network. I hope nobody minds me joining in even though I'm not going to carry our first child. DF had a blood test on Friday to check if she had ovulated and no luck so she is off again this morning for another blood test to see if she has now ovulated. She'll be taking Synarel and Puregon for her cycle!!

Hoping that it will be a quick journey for everyone!!! Fingers and toes are crossed!!

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!
    Welcome RainbowbabeI think its a beautiful thing you wanting to join us here Your DF is very lucky to have you Fingers crossed your journey is a successful and smooth one and you have your BFP in no time!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Emzy5 For This Useful Post:

rainbowbabe  (24-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lannie View Post
    Hi all,
    i hope it's okay if I join this thread. I was previously a bub hub addict however, needed to have a break as I was getting to depressed sharing my less than positive news all the time!
    After my 5th stim cycle, I was diagnosed with having a balanced translocation. Originally we thought we were doing IVF for MFI. Anyway, we then had to go down the PGD track and finally, after our 9th cycle, we have had an embryo which has come back as normal after chromosome screening! Yay! So I have started my FET cycle, with transfer due on October 1. I have everything crossed and am sending lots of babydust in the direction of all those involved in this thread!
    take care everyone.
    Welcome Ianniewow, sounds like you've had a pretty tough time, I don't blame you for wanting some time out from it all but its great to see you back in and giving it a go with a great outlook on it all Sending best wishes and luck that this is your cycle to get your long awaited BFP!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Emzy5 For This Useful Post:

lannie  (24-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

I think this is the place I need to be. AF started Sunday,this is our last natural cycle before jumping on the IVF rollercoaster!!
    little bit about us. I'm 30 DH is 31, we had a m/c on our first pregnancy in Oct 09 with a D&C, the a ectopic in Aug 10, with right tube removed. Since then, nothing. We took a break for a while before seeking help due to other health issues and travelling. but now we are here and ready to go. there is no problems that have been found with either of us except no right tube for me. I'm hoping like crazy that we are one of the lucky ones who it works first go for, but i know i need to be realistic too.
    I will be on an antagonist cycle, and according to my cycle should be due to start 20-21 october. I have an appointment on 9th october to learn abou tall the drugs etc and find out what i'm on!! So scared but excited too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi rainbow, lannie and sparkle.

Rainbow, what a sweet thing to do! You are more than welcome to join us. The ivf journey is not just one for the person carrying bub - the ups and downs will be shared by you both and BH is a great place to share stories and experiences with other people going through a similar thing.

Lannie, sorry to hear of the hard road you have faced so far. Hopefully now you know exactly what you are up against, this cycle will result in you BFP. I have my fingers crossed for your little frosty.

Sparkle monkey all the best for your first cycle. There is no harm in being hopeful for your first attempt - anything is possible in this crazy roller coaster! I will be doing my second cycle this time, but I remember reading what someone said last time - there is no point preparing yourself for bad news. If the outcome is negative it is going to hurt like mad anyway, so better to be hopeful, happy and positive until you know for sure what the outcome is. Fingers crossed for a BFP, but if not remember each cycle is another step closer to the end goal.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freakedout44 For This Useful Post:

lannie  (24-09-2013),rainbowbabe  (24-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Emzy and Freakedout. Yes it's been tough but managed to keep my head on thankfully!
    Sparklemonkey, wishing you all the very best. My friend fell pregnant in her first IVF cycle, so it definitely can happen. She had lots of issues too and the odds really were against her. Fingers crossed that you have the same luck.

Another of my friends (who I actually met in hospital when we were both waiting for our EPU) is now 12 weeks pregnant after her 3rd cycle.

it is one of those things, you need to try your best to remain positive at all costs!
    Exciting times ahead for us ladies I think!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Emzy and Freakedout! I'm glad that it doesn't seem weird that I join in on the journey. I want DF to feel like we are in this together because we are so it's just a way to involve myself and to hear and learn about others experiences. I'm excited to share the journey - ups and downs - with everyone. I guess we are all working towards the same thing our own bundle of joy!!

It sounds like there are some that have been through a hard journey and also some that are new to it all and feeling excited and nervous all at once so I sure we will all be able to help each other and provide a safe place to share the smiles and tears along the way!

DF had her blood test this morning and is currently ovulating! She will have ovulated by Thursday so will be starting her synarel on Thursday next week! She'll then have a blood test 6 days later to see how she is responding. They have also told me that expected EPU date will be either 23 or 25th of October It's getting closer!!!

Two girls, one dream and baby you are it!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to rainbowbabe For This Useful Post:

Emzy5  (25-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Minib - welcome and gl for your 1st scan on Monday. Only BFPs on here, I like that Emzy T1gger, hope this is it for you, what new pet will you get this round, Id be lost without my fur babes. Freakedout I pick up meds 02/10 so a day behind you, are you close to CD1 again? Butterfly gl for your FET in November. rainbowbabe, its great you are on here to help your DF as well as you, wish you the best of luck. Iannie, gl for next week, sending lots of your way too, with the HA-ICSI what do they do different from normal ICSI? do they say there can be a chance of better success rate? I don't think my clinic do that. Sparklemonkey so sorry for your losses, gl for your next cycle to u all. Waiting patiently for next week, will have a internal ultrasound in prep for IVF 2 to begin as well, eek, cant say I like them. Having dull achy pain one side, Im sure Im ovulating right now or maybe I have a UTI

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Booboo78 For This Useful Post:

Emzy5  (25-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi booboo,

AF is due on Friday for me - but last time I was late (I think due to the anticipation of the whole process!) so I would not be surprised if this time is the same. So, we should have a similar schedual. What clinic are you with?

I may be wrong, but I think ha-icsi is the same or similar to picsi... Which just has one added step in the icsi process. In picsi, the sperm is put into a dish with a substance which is supposed to imitate the outside of an egg. In the natural conception process the sperm binds to it first before fertilising. So this is designed to see which ones bind (because it is though they will develop into better embryos). from what I have read it is usually given to couples who's embryos don't develop we'll between day 3 and 5.

And that's my attempt at a science lesson for the day lol.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to freakedout44 For This Useful Post:

Booboo78  (25-09-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by freakedout44 View Post
    Hi booboo,

AF is due on Friday for me - but last time I was late (I think due to the anticipation of the whole process!) so I would not be surprised if this time is the same. So, we should have a similar schedual. What clinic are you with?

I may be wrong, but I think ha-icsi is the same or similar to picsi... Which just has one added step in the icsi process. In picsi, the sperm is put into a dish with a substance which is supposed to imitate the outside of an egg. In the natural conception process the sperm binds to it first before fertilising. So this is designed to see which ones bind (because it is though they will develop into better embryos). from what I have read it is usually given to couples who's embryos don't develop we'll between day 3 and 5.

And that's my attempt at a science lesson for the day lol.
    Hi Booboo and Freaked out - we do ICSI HA (well the one time we had a mature egg we did) and that was the plan right from the first cycle. My FS at that time was incredibly conservative so if he was recommending it, it must be proven a thousand times over. My understanding was that HA is a substance which attracts sperm with fractured dna/chromosomes (or something!), so they were able to separate the dodgy ones from the better ones so that the sperm selected to fertilise each egg wasn't going to guarantee a failure - it improved the prospects of success. We'll be doing it again in Greece.

Hi Rainbow - I think its great you're on here, and the girls are right, its a roller coaster for both of you, not just your partner. The support on here is so helpful, even just feeling like you're not alone and there are others that know what its like to hang off every appointment or twinge, or to second guess yourself about whether today is REALLY Day One, or my personal moment of ivf horror - screwing my drugs up by using the wrong (puregon) pen to inject human growth hormone and giving myself the wrong amount ... My husband though I'd compeltely lost my mind - he wasn't far wrong. Good luck for it all! But given this is your first cycle, don't have too many expectations about dates just yet, I remember being really disappointed when the "usual" timeframe was really stretched out. Some girls grow follies fast and others (e.g. me) are slow, lets hope the clinic's guesstimate is right though cos it's easier to plan around and the wait is so much easier when you know how long its going to be!

AFM - I've just realised that the removal of my ovarian cyst will require a laparoscopy, not a nice little EPU type procedure. Damn. I really hate lapo's. I'm going to ask for the scars to made be symmetrical this time - it does my head in that the current ones are off kilter! On the upside, its quiet at work so better to be home for a few days on sick leave (the fur babies will be thrilled!) than it is to be at work and not meet billable target But I'm p...d off cos I wanted a nice smooth preparation for our egg donation in Greece, I know there is enough time to recover - but still . I wanted a nice boring cycle - notwithstanding the ultimate location of it is anything but boring! Hope the cyst doesn't come back after the lapo - does anyone know if they remove the whole thing or just aspirate it? Can they come back? Why do they take them out anyway, I've had bigger ones than this that weren't removed by my previous FS prior to cycles? My FS is not back from leave till Mon 30 Sept which is when our appt is, but the op will be the very next day ... It doesn't help that the synarel headaches are starting - only little ones though so not too bad. Better get back to work ... have a lovely day ladies - our BFP's are one day closer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies,

i am wondering if I can join this thread? I am looking to start my IVF journey in October, around the 24th, that's if AF is on time!

A bit about me. I am turning 30 in November and am blessed with a little boy who turns 5 also in November. This July, I had a lap to remove severe endo and to remove my left fallopian tube. Apparently my amh is good however with all the mucking around, naturally conceiving was quickly slipping away and was told to hop on the IVF bandwagon ASAP.

I am am with QFG in Brisbane and as I said, look to start around 24th October. I will be on a global cycle, starting with puregon then oragulatron. Not too sure of the dosages, but with polycystic ovaries, I hope the dose is just right.

I am very anxious about the injections (side effects) and of course, the heartbreak of failure.

If anyone is near these dates, I would love the company.

and best of luck to everyone here xx